CHAPTER 12

There was another whole week of campaigning, drama, rumours , gossips, bullying and...

Yeah, that was how Padma's pawns and my squad looked at each other most of the time

We were on the verge of getting into a pull-each other's-braids-kinda catfight anytime. 

Anyhoo (sounds weird but it's okay 'cause I'm excited bro!) , The D-Day arrived. There was frisking and checking for particulars which was nothing but short nails, hair neatly braided WITH RIBBONS and sports uniform. And everyone was given little plastic tokens that had to be dropped into the designated plastic dustbins which had the nominees' photos pasted on them. The irony of life.

Results were to be announced in an hour. When time flew by, I was almost about to pass out in no time.

*COUGH COUGH*

Cue the intercom. "GOOD MORNING"...the principal spoke into the intercom and I sat cross legged right below the speaker inside our class and one from my pineapple squad had her arms around me uttering sweet nothings.

There was a long list of names being announced which were the house captains, games and vice captains being elected. And there was a long pause. Did she also forget her lines like Padma? Or maybe the paper with all the elected names flew out of the window. Jeez, no. 

"AND THE HEAD GIRL FOR THIS ACADEMIC YEAR IS..."she spoke after what felt like 10 minutes. Everyone's heads snapped up.

"ASDFGHJKLZXCVBNU"

I sat with my eyes fixed on the ground. People were shouting, frantically waving on my face and shaking me up. Simar and Jessica stormed out of their classes and almost landed up on my face. They shook me again. I looked up at them lifelessly.

"HANNAHHHHH! CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSS GIRL!"

Oh so it wasn't ASDFGHJKLZXCVBNU. It was Annapoorani Bangdu.

Wait....A what?

A WHAT?

A...A...ANNA...

ANNAPOORANI BANGDU?!?

WHAT?

ME?

EH? ME?!?

THE HEAD GIRL?

"HELL YEAH!" Sim and Jess shouted. They were answering someone else. But Jinx. Hehe.

My first ever successful venture. The first ever time I didn't turn out to be a loser. The first ever time I had real people holding my back and pushing me up towards something I had never ever dreamt of doing.

Geez, what's with all these emotional/inspirational brain farts? LOOK AT ME! I'M THE HEAD GIRL...BOW AND KISS MY HAND, YOU! YES, Y O U! 

 "Hey you!" Padma called me from behind. And it was a good hair day too so...

"Uff! Too much to handle for today

"Uff! Too much to handle for today.Every star does need her privacy, but see?" I mumbled loud enough for Padma to hear. Sim and Jess stood next to me snickering. 

"URGHHH....EEEEEE" She stomped her feet and walked away making a fake crying sound.

*SIGH* All I needed after all to see myself like this was faith, friends, trust and a little pixie dust.So yeah! *SHRUGS*

"WHERE IN THE WORLD IS MY PINEAPPLE SQUAD ?" I shouted with my head held high. Everyone now did consider as a breath of fresh air. Their happy faces proved it all.

"Annapoorani, you're called down in the office." The office staff called out to me.

I frantically waved to the class and left. I was invited by a bunch of smiling teachers and some grumpy fellow student council members whom I had tackled down(with words) the other day.

"Very unfortunate." A girl scowled looking at her nails.(probably for dirt)

"Yeah, when you don't clean them for a week, they are dirty." Just like your mind. I said pointing at her nails innocently.

I've met some pricks in my time, but my my I just walked over a frigging cactus garden I suppose.

Time to let out my inner bitch into FULL ACTION.