THE BEGININNG

CHAPTER ONE: sisters

-

It was a brand new place.

Well at least that's what little Finn Wolfhard thought when he first moved into the house, that sat on the corner of elm and cherry road.

Of course he was only six and a half at the time.

Maybe that's when it all started for him?

His room was small but comfortable. It had a certain warm homey appeal to it. A nice corner for his box of toys; filled with various trucks and colorful bouncy balls.

Mrs. Wolfhard was out in the kitchen setting things away with her husband, chatting quietly as they let their son explore his room and the new house.

It was quite in there. You know besides the small humming and groaning he was making when the trucks crashed into one another. Just classic little boy manor.

He sees the door creak open and Finn stops his movements. Gently setting down the toys and proceeding to peek over. Half of his skinny six year old body leaning on the floor.

His eyes squint, trying to decipher anything. Suddenly he saw it.

It was a little girl!

Of course Finn didn't do what any normal person would do: cry and scream. No, the little girl seemed friendly and almost looked longingly at his toys.

He picks the toy up a holds it out for her. "Wanna play trucks? It'll be fun!" He encourages.

Hesitant for a moment the girl steps in the room and takes the truck with a small grin. They push cars together and every once in awhile he gets a giggle out of her.

"What's your name?"

Her lips twist almost thoughtfully. "I... I don't remember," she admits. "How can you not know your name?" She shrugs with a quirk of her brow.

"I remember my sisters name."

The stupid trucks wheels broke off but Finn let his current situation with the toy dissipate at her statement. "What is it?"

"Millie. She's hiding in the attic."

"Oh... do you guys live in the other house," he points to his window at the opposite house. She shakes her head. "No I think... I think we live here."

"But how can you live here if I live here?"

She shrugs once more.

Then abruptly the door swings open to Mrs.Wolfhard. "Finnie I've been calling you. Time for dinner."

"Okay momma. I'll clean first."

The brunette grins at her sons attitude and leaves with a chuckle. "You wanna eat with us? My mom's a pretty good cook. She can make you whatever you like."

Her lips twist with a frown. "I can't... I don't eat no more."

"That's silly," Finn huffs. "Everyone eats. If not you'll die."

Suddenly the blonde stands up, handing the truck over quietly. "I have to go. My sissy's here." A smile growing on her face and Finn couldn't help but copy her grin as well. "Can I meet her?"

She giggled and pointed. "Millie's right there!"

Finn turned around and his eyes grew wide at the older girl who seemed to come out of thin air. Millie smiled before turning towards her sister and holding her hand out. "Come on Ava. Let's go."

That was the first time Finn Wolfhard met Millie Brown and it wouldn't be the last.

It was only the beginning.

-

Hello hello! Welcome to my new book! It's different and IM SO HYPED for it! Updates will be slow for a bit but after seventeen ends then I'll be able to post more! (:

THANKS FOR READING!