coincidence

CHAPTER 2: COINCIDENCE?

"Val! Come on honey, get up, time to go to school!" I heard my mom yell from the kitchen.

"Coming mom!" I shouted back as I struggled my way out of bed, rolling onto a pile of unfolded clothes.

Downstairs, my mom made me and my brother somehow a special breakfast. There were jam and nutella toast on my left side on our mahogany table and on the right side scrambled eggs. In frknt of me i could see a stack of unread post mail.

"What's this?" I questioned my mom.

She just shrugged and carried on washing the plates.

As I flicked through more mail, one caught my eye. The envelope was bright blue and the font was fancy; difficult to read.

'Valerie Jensen'

That seems odd, no address, no sender information, just my name.

"Give me that envelope, Val. Come on, hand it over" my mother begged

"No. It's mine, it has my name on it mom." I gripped the envelope as hard as a could so that she won't snach it from me if I prove to her that it's mine.

"HAVEN'T I TOUGHT YOU BETTER CHILD? HAND IT OVER NOW!" she screamed, almost scaring my older brother. I could feel tears in my eyes but if I tried to blink them away they would pour down my cheeks like little rivulets. So in stead I run up the stairs and quickly lock myself in my room.

I tied my long brown hair up into a messy bun so it wouldn't get in the way. I stared at the blue envelope that I've placed neatly on my dresser. Why did my mom get so mad? It's only an envelope, what possibly could be inside it to cause such a rush of anger in my mom?

Open it.

There it is.

Open it.

It's becoming louder and louder in my head. I tuck a strand of my hair back behind my ear and tuck my shirt in into my skinmy legged jeans. I walk towards the envelope and as I'm just about to open it, I feel a strange pain rushing through my body. It's starting point was at my head.

Calm down, it's okay.

Then I black out.