Picnic

CHAPTER 17: PICNIC

As I walked out the back door into the garden I saw James setting up the blanket and placing food on it all ready for when I come. I caugh myself smiling and quickly tried to hide it but James looked over at me and he found my smile in its hiding place. I decided not to tell him about my incident with my mom. He would be scared of me and never look at me normally ever again, I mean I don't know if I can look at myself the same after I pinned my mom to the wall. Do I really have powers? Or was it a hallucination caused by the thick tension between me and my mom. The tension could practically be cut in half by scissors.

I shook the thought off and carried on walking. James wore his best checkered shirt and jeans his hair was swept to side and his eyes stood out above everything. God they were to die for. I noticed him looking down smiling with his dimples, oh God, I can't handle how adorable he is. I looked down onto the lush green grass and as I got to him I stood still and looked up.

"Hey James, how's it going"

"hello Val, it's going pretty well, I've got this for us today" he turned and pointed at the picnic on the grass. His british accent was showing although he tried to hide it.

"It looks great!" I walked over to the blanket and sat down; not longer later he sat on the other side.

"So erm how you been since you've found out about your father being... you know..."

"A demon?" I answered swiftly "Im handling it well but..."

"But what?" he sounded concerned.

I can't keep what I did to my mom from him, I feel like I can tell him anything I want to because I trust him with my life.

"Okay please don't freak out..."

I held my hand out flat above the knife and concentrated on it hard. I started to move my hand upwards and as I did, the knife followed my hand. I looked over at James and he looked shocked his mouth slightly opened from the suprise but he stayed silent. The knife dropped back to where it was before.

"James, say something, please" he was frozen "please"

He looked over at me and slightly smiled.

"That was incredible, how did you- woah"

I smiled and explained everything that's gone off with my mom and what happened because of my anger.

"please remind me not to piss you off" he joked and caused me to laigh out loud.

"so I've been meaning to ask you something" he continued.

"sure go ahead" I smiled as I are a strawberry.

"2 weeks ago in that secret place, we umm we kissed. Why did you kiss me back?" he stood up and I followed, we strolled down the garden near trees and rose bushes. He was walking backwards facing me.

"I umm I don't particularly know. I felt something, did you?" what I really wanted to say was I really like you, maybe even love you, but you'll never love me back because  I'm a monster.

" Actually, I felt something too." He stopped and caused me to walk into him because I didn't notice he stopped. He smiled and started to lean in slowly. I was waiting for this to happen; this magical electricity rushing through my vains again. I love that feeling. I felt his warm breath on me  and our lips almost touched but a squirrel interrupted us by running right past our feet. Damn it we were so close!

"Erm I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"  He interrupted me in mid sentence by crashing his lips hard onto mine. There it is! That magical spark I was waiting for to happen. The kiss started off strong and became more soft after a while. My hands were gently placed on his waist and his hands cupped my face while his lips felt so soft it felt like a sweep of a paint brush on a perfect painting. Neither of us pulled away, we got lost in the moment and not caring about the world anymore. At last he pulled away

"Don't be sorry" he finished for me and gave me a peck on the lips.

"woah..." I whispered to myself.

He picked me up and carried me to the blanket and moved all of our food out of the way and layed me down onto the blanket and slowly leaning in to kiss me. I pulled him closer to me, he was almost on top of me but not quite.  I want this I thought. Our kiss got more passionate but I pulled away.

"James, this is a public place, where are your manners?" I joked and sat up to kiss him.

"oh I'm sorry is this good enough?" at that, he picked me up and swung me over his shoulder and carried me into to house.

We put me down outside my door and I leaned against the wall.

"so, I'll see you tomorrow?" James asked

"hmm why not now?" I grabbed his hand and opened my bedroom door pulling him in and locking it behind me.