secret

CHAPTER 13: THE SECRET

James guided me down to the library but it seemed a little strange for him to suddenly have the desire to talk to me. It's quite late too. This doesn't feel right...

"you okay?" he asked as he opened the library door "don't be afraid"

"okay" I replied

He walked over to a shelf full of acient books. He reached out to grab the book I was reading earlier on today peralente de monto. Wait. That's the book that was floating in mid air. Oh no.

"James we have to get out of here. like now" I made my way to the door

"why? what is it? A book scared you?" he laughed and ignored my instruction. James leaned onto the shelf; it started to turn clockwise exposing a tunnel revealing nothing but darkness. James got up and walked over to me grabbing my hand. It felt so warm and comforting that I could just stay in this moment forever.

"woah" he exhaled "lets go check it out"

"I don't think-"

"oh come on, it's not everyday we see something like this!" he interrupted

I sighed "I don't think it's a good idea"

He ignored me and grabbed the candle on the table. I looked around to see if anyone is in the room with us but no one was there. James stepped into the tunnel first then he disappeared into the dark.

"Val, come on, don't be afraid" he whispered and I saw his hand reach out for mine again. The exact same feeling rushed through my body as our hands connected.

I stepped in to the tunnel and saw the faint light from James' candle and that was it.

"Val can you see that?" James squeezed my hand for my attention. What he didn't know is that my attention was always on him from the start.

"erm I think- I don't know, what's it supposed to be?" I opened my eyes more attempting to see anything more clearly but to no avail. We got closer to the thing we saw and realised that it was a spot of light.

"Can you see that Val?" he picked up his pace which made me fast walk a little. In a split second I found myself lightly jogging. I had the strange sensation that someone; even something was following us. I turned my head around to see if anything was there. Once again, nothing.

I hadn't noticed he stopped and my whole body slammed into his causing us to fall. Me on top of him.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to-" I got up but still couldn't see anything.

"it's okay Val" he chuckled and stood up "I'm not complaining"

James stood right infront of me. I could feel his breaths settling on my face. He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. My hands settled on his neck; I closed my eyes and try to forget about the world for a second; I felt his lips softly brush mine. Not quite kissing but the feeling made me want much more. At that moment the light became more bright and we both pulled away. Did that just happen?

We carried on walking and I couldn't help but smile a little.

"What do you think it is?" James asked. We slowly crept up to the light and saw that it was a massive basement with alot of old stuff from centuries ago.

"1639" I whispered to myself as I picked up a book lying on a table at the back of the room. Why are the lights on? Is somebody down here?

I glanced at James and saw his eyes travelling from left to right on the book shelf. I grinned a little.

"have you seen all of this?" James sounded facinated by all of this "what do you think all this is?" he walked over to me smiling shyly and looked down on the ground.

"I don't know" I gasped as he grabbed my hands and leaned in closer. it was final. I found someone who can take my breath away.

His hand travelled to my cheek, brushing it softly then caressing my hair then down my back. We closed our eyes once again hoping nothing will disturb us this time. We're so close, almost touching.

And then.

"hello Valerie, remember me?"