mom

CHAPTER 16: MOM

2 weeks later

I'm sat in my bedroom looking through some old books I've found in the library about angels and demons. I tied my long hair up so it doesn't fall into my eyes while I'm reading. It's been 2 weeks since I found out that my father is still alive, I haven't told my mother about anything that I know of because I don't want her to freak out. She would of course say that she doesn't believe me or shout at me but I know what I heard- and saw. I just cannot bare in mind that I'm an angel of darkness and my mom-the one I knew my whole life- is an angel. What will Jason do when he finds out he isn't my real brother? No, he will not find out about this. Everything will be normal as it always was.

I heard a knock on the door; it's James. Me and James have a complicated relationship since the day in the secret tunnel with my father. We haven't really spoken after that, just the odd glimpse and grin I give him when I'm walking past. Whenever I see him I get a huge outburst of adrenaline rushing though my vains. I just want to be in his arms again, our lips locked again; never separated. I don't know if he feels that way too ( I sure hope so) but it could never work out. Our parents would freak if that happened.

"Hey um, I was just checking if, you know, you're okay" James relaxed a little. His hair ran over his gorgeous brown eyes foused on mine.

"Yeah um I'm fine, you?" I chocked out. I can't help but tense up when I'm around him it's not natural I need help.

"Yeah I'm good, I wanted to ask if maybe you wanna have lunch this afternoon in the garden" he spoke. finally the voice- his voice said. My eyes widened and I got suddenly really really warm.

"Yeah of course! I would love to! Does 3 sound good?" I answered. He tried to hide his smile but failed, I couldn't help but smile back.

"Yeah that would be great" He replied "I'll see you at 3 then Val" He turned on his heel and gave me a last look and smiled. As he shut the door I collapsed face first into my pillow grinning like an idiot. I am so excited! Wait what am I going to wear? Oh holy- I need to pick out my outfit, and fast!

I cannot stop thinking about our kiss, I replay it in my head everyday and almost every second of the day, I wish I could just run up to him and kiss him without a care in the world.  I smile again.

Suddenly, I hear another knock. It's mom.

"hey honey, I need to tell you something I think you're ready now for everything and the reason why you're here" my mom came and sat o my bed next to me. I grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly afraid of the truth I already know of that will escape her lips in less that a minute.

"I don't want you to freak out but you're someone very special in the world, there are hardly or none at all people like you, I knowi might sound crazy" she inhaled "but you're an angel" exhaled.

"Mom, I don't want you to feak out either but I know, and I know that you're one too." I squeezed my eyes shut afraid of her reaction.

"what? how on earth do you know that? unless he-" she paused; her mouth shaped into an O and she put her hand over her mouth. Wide eyed, she turned her head away and walked over to the other end of the room. She stood in the corner for a while, I wanted to come over but I figured that would be dangerous. "You saw him didn't you Val. You saw your father" she turned back to me.

I stood up from my bed anger rushing through my body. Did she know all along that he wasn't dead? " You knew all along that he wasn't dead? You lied and grieved over him, you let me and Jason go through hell even though isn't my real brother? How could you do that mom!"

"I did it to protect you and Jason! He might not be our blood but he's still my son neverless. Christopher faked his death to go back to hell and destroy the devil. I was stupid for believing him in the first place because he lied and allied with the devil to destroy the world." A tear shed from her left eye "there will be a war and i took you here to protect you from it, this is my home and your grandparents' home too it is enchanted and hidden from all demons so they can't find you. They want you to be on their side because you are the most powerful thing in the world Val"

"That's enough mom" i mumbled putting my head down.

"Val this is for your own good, I-"

"I said that's enough!"  i screamed and threw my hands to the side, suddenly, the whole room was frozen with ice and my mother pinned against the wall. I looked at my hands with great horror and gasped "is that- is that my fault?"

"yes it was Val, now could you please take me down?" my mom struggled to speak.

"im sorry" i relplied "but i have a lunch to attend to" at that I walked towards the door noticing I looked acceptable and walked out of the door making a bang by shutting the door behind me.

She'll be fine James' voice said.