Three

[A/N] Lmao sorry I haven't updated since the stone age

;☁️;☀️;☁️;

"How do you like it?" I ask Josh who's mouth was currently stuffed with a taco. He pointed to his mouth to show he was eating and couldn't talk. What a well mannered dude.

"Where has this been my entire life?!" Josh replied ecstatically. I grinned at how adorable he was.

"I would've said the same thing if I'd never had Taco Bell." I replied while picking at a blade of grass on the forest canopy. Josh nodded in agreement, his brown hair slightly bouncing with the action.

"Josh? What's a blurry shadow?" I ask out of the blue. He said he'd answer all of my questions so I guess I'd start then because I still had thousands, especially after my encounter with Blurryface.

"A bad shadow. Very bad shadow. Blurry shadows torment and put down and mentally tear apart their person until that person kills themself. If the shadow is unsuccessful with getting their person to die after 16-18 years, then shadow kills itself. It's a never ending chain of suicide in this world. Scary place. Just stick with me, alright? You don't want to encounter a blurry shadow, even if it's not your shadow." Josh thoroughly explained while reaching for another taco. He really liked those.

"Are you a blurry shadow?" I ask with nervousness, staring awkwardly down at my burrito.

"I'm not a blurry shadow. I'm a vessel shadow. A vessel shadow is a good shadow. They are to be best friends with their person, and eventually the person has to take the vessel shadow out of Hometown after 16-18 years. If they can't take their shadow, the vessel shadow is expected to kill themself. A person who's lost their shadow, blurry or vessel, slowly turns to insanity and eventually kills themself as well. When the time comes, you'll need to save me, but that won't be for a while. If you are unsuccessful with that, we're both dead." Josh explained while looking down. I could see tears glistening in his eyes. I set my burrito down on the wrapper and reached over to hug him. He jumped a little at the sudden action, but accepted the outlet of comfort.

"Promise me you'll take me out of my dimension eventually? I don't want you or I to die." Josh said through tears. I continued hugging and comforting him.

"I promise you, Josh. I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you." I said softly over his shoulder. He hugged me back.

"Thank you so much, Tyler. I seriously owe you my life." Josh said while I pulled away. I sat right next to him so close that our thighs were awkwardly touching. I didn't want the badness if his world get to him, even though we were safe in my dimension.

He turned and smiled at me, and I wiped a stray tear from his cheek. We kind of just stayed there, looking into each other's eyes. I could do this for hours.

He all of a sudden wrapped an arm around my torso and I did the same to him. I smiled at how serene the situation was. My first ever friend and I eating Taco Bell and looking out at the beauty of the forest landscape we currently resided in. It was all lovely until a flashback popped into my head.

"That shadow who was torturing me, he said he was my real shadow. Is that true?" I ask, breaking the comfortable silence.

"He is not your shadow, don't believe him. You are too pure for a blurry shadow. I'm your shadow, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew someone like you had a blurry shadow." Josh replied, tightening his grip on me, he really didn't want me to leave him, and the same went for me. Funny how we only just started talking today and we're already this close.  Well, technically I guess Josh already was close to me my entire life but I never knew.