Chapter Twenty-Three

"Are you sure you want to see him?" Julia asked for the seventh time that morning.

Andy nodded as she dug in to McKayla's pancakes. Silently reading, Casillith sat with them at the breakfast table wearing her Persian cat onesie.

"You want us to come with you?" offered Julia.

"My mother's giving me a ride," replied Andy.

Julia stood up, placing her hands on her hips. "At least let me come, I'll beat the living daylights out of that son of a-"

"You do not know anything about his family background so you have no right to call him that," interrupted Casillith. Then she came to her senses. "I mean, do what you want, it's okay."

Backing down, Julia said, "You're right. I'm sorry."

Andy got up and took her plates to the sink where McKayla was eating. She pushed herself off the counter and went to the table to sit down comfortable. After washing up, Andy went to her room.

"What's wrong?" asked Mckayla, leaning against the doorframe. Julia stood beside her and Casillith peeked out from between both of them.

"I don't know what to wear," confessed Andy.

McKayla went right up to her wardrobe. "What kind of vibe are you going for?"

"Something dangerous?" suggested Julia.

Casillith looked up from the pile of half-read books by Andy's beside table. "How about sweet and innocent?" she volunteered.

"Just go as yourself," said Mckayla, extending a school shirt and a pair of light denim jeggings. "Wear those black boots of yours – before they really become Julia's."

"Hey!" Julia protested.

"It's alright, Jules, I'll just be wearing them this once."

Andy's mother was right on time and on point with her outfit. Stepping out of the car, Lorelei Harper jogged over to embrace her daughter despite her six-inch heels. With her floppy sunhat and oversized sunglasses, she looked every bit the wife of a great tropical hotel chain tycoon.

"Mom, you do know that your hat and glasses are rated in the top ten most unattractive things by men?"

"But I'm wearing these things for myself," argued Mrs Harper.

"Mrs Harper!" called Julia from the dorm window.

Andy's mother looked up and waved. Andy followed her gaze and caught Casillith trying to pull Julia away from the window, her face getting redder and redder.

"Good luck, Andy!" Julia screamed before Casillith yanked her back.

Turning to look at her daughter, Lorelei sucked in a harsh breath. "I can't believe you still make them call you that."

Andy shrugged.

"Come, let's go."

Lorelei's driver held the door open for them, greeting Andy as she got on.

"It's nice to see you again too, George."

When they got there, Andy was thankful for her mom's understanding nature. After dropping her off, Lorelei went to get coffee.

The rehabilitation centre looked friendly and welcoming on the outside, but Andy knew better than to use that as an indicator of what the place is actually like. A short walk through the visitor's carpark lead her to the main entrance.

"Hello, can I help you?" asked the woman at the front counter.

Andy forced a smile and wiped her clammy hands on her jeans. "I'm here to visit Aellius Johnson."