8

Walking up the stairs I head to my room as I slurp down the strawberry banana smoothie mom made us this morning. It's the best smoothie ever. I just finished the entire batch she made and mom went over to Aunt Emma's house with Oliver.

Did I mention she left a note saying one cup per person? Well this is my third. "Winter, come here," Sage yells from her room.

Making my way down the hall I push her door open to see her on the bed watching a show while holding a sleeping Tye. "Hey." I smile while holding the cup behind me.

"I already know you drunk all the smoothie, you're not as sneaky as you thought you were." Shrugging I drink some more of the smoothie. "It's not like I wanted any or anything." Finders keepers, losers weepers.

"Why did you call me in here?" I planned on snuggling back under my blanket and watching movies all day.

Sage leans back on her bed sighing dramatically. "If you would rather do that than spend time with me go ahead. I'll just have to tell mom that you didn't save any smoothie for the rest of us."

"What do you want to do Sage?" It's not like I wouldn't want to spend time with her. She didn't have to blackmail me.

"Sister day!" She tells startling Tye as he rolls over and jumps off the bed running out of me the room. Both of us stare at the dog as he runs full speed down the hall. We can hear his little paws hitting against the wood floor on the stairs.

"Go get dressed I'll be waiting." Walking out of her room I wonder around the house. Making my way to the back I head to Julian's part of the house. They had a recording studio in the house for Julian. I've never been inside the room, but if I know my new family I would assume it's extravagant.

The wood floors creak under my soft steps, as I head down the hallway. Flipping the switch on the hallways illuminates bringing attention to the posters and albums on the walls. Former movies that Julian's appeared in from action to comedy. He's probably been in every genre you can think of. Lifting my hand I gently touch the gold album on the wall. It says here it's for his album; Meant to be.

Moving on I stop at the two doors at the end of the hallway. One room seems to be the actual recording room and the other where you listen. I've always wanted to see a real recording studio. I loved to sing along to the princess movies when I was younger. Of course that was only when he was over. The people hired to take care of me would never let me enjoy the simple things in life.

Pushing the door open I step in and I'm amazed. The room is a dark red with a pop filter in the middle of the room, and a set of black headphones hanging loosely off the stand. On the front wall is a glass window showing the other room along with a door connecting the rooms. You can see the refrigerator next to the black leather couch and the control surface.

Once in the room I switch it on and beep the switches where they are. Putting the headphones I sing my favorite pop song out right now. I heard it on the radio and I immediately knew I loved the song. The British girl group wrote it about an ex and I couldn't help but remember my boyfriend that cheated on me. Closing my eyes I let the moment take a hold of me putting all my feelings into the lyrics.

Once I hit the last note I open my eyes to see Julian smiling down at me. "Who knew you were a singer?" He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"I was just messing around." I'm not that good. "I'm just waiting on Sage to come downstairs so we can go out."

Julian walks to the other room and I follow him as he messes around and then you hear my voice filling up the room. Julian takes a seat starts to add the regular background music from the internet then heightens my voice. "That's good Winter." Julian starts to jam to my voice turning it up. He raises his hand to high five me before pulling me into a hug. "You want to record another song?" I stand up and watch as he continues to modify the song.