9

Trailer for the book is up!

Jamie's family consists of his mom, adopted sister, and he's dad. Who happens to work at a technology company that has him traveling across the country and even out of the country. His sister is younger than him and also likes photography.

Yawning I lift my head up out of my arms to see Julian starting on the bacon. Swiveling the chair around I breath in the intoxicating smell. It smells so wonderful. Leaning my head back on the counter I groan as he makes unnecessary loud noises just to keep me awake. Everyone else in the house is sleeping right now, except me. All because Julian said he wanted to have a chat before everyone started getting up.

This chat could have waited. I've been down here for thirteen minutes and all he's asked is how I like my eggs, do I like bacon, and if I prefer waffles or pancakes. Hands down waffles are better. "Ho was last night?" Julian asks out of the blue after I let out another yawn.

"Good, we mostly watched movies and ate a ton of junk food." I'm sure he could tell since the trash can in my room was flooding with junk food wrappers. Considering he took out my trash this morning.

Julian's back muscles flex as he continues to make breakfast. I don't know why men have to urge to cook shirtless but I'm not going to question him. I know if I do he's going to respond with some corny answer. "No funny business last night? Cause you know I have ca,eras in this house Winter. I saw him leave at five this morning." I could have sworn Sage was joking.

"Julian!" I yell in shock. Mom would kill me if I had sex under her roof. Who knows they probably have cameras in the bed room also. "We fell asleep during the movie," apparently this didn't satisfy him because he looked at me over his shoulder, "yes in the same bed; but I swear that's as close as we got." Nothing more.

I just got home, and I know better than to ruin the life I have here by doing something stupid. I know that he's out there looking for me. Any small misstep could give him the leverage he needs.

I'd much rather prefer to stay here where it's safe. "That's good. I don't need anyone messing with my girls." I'm technically not his real daughter. "You may not be blood but you are part of this family and I will protect you. I couldn't protect your mother back then, but things have changed. Your family, and I protect my family. No matter what, you may not like it Winter, but it's how I do things. No one messes with my girls, or my little boy. I love your mom Winter and I'll do anything for that woman." I've searched his history back in Hawaii. I know things.

"I know you would. Sage has prepared me for the regular random romantic things you'll do for her, or the constant kissing sessions you two have." I have been warned by everyone to avoid there never ending newlywed phase.

Julian turns around handing me a waffle as big as the plate, "what can I say? Your mom has me wrapped around her little delicate finger."

"Oh I know." The whole world knows. "I meant to ask earlier but why is the guest room door closed?" It's never closed.

Julian hands me a separate plate of eggs and bacon before he sits beside me at the counter with his own plates. "Emma, Landon, and Robby are here." If I remember correctly Landon is my uncle. Emma is my aunt that is Julian's sister, and Robby is my nephew.

"When did they arrive?" I don't remember hearing them or seeing them last night.

Julian hands me the syrup for my waffles after he finishes his. "Last night when you and Jamie where doing who knows what in your room." Landon rounds the corner pulling me into a hug. "I hope you know little niece that I had a chat with that boy this morning when he left." Great now there's two of them.