Chapter 5

Scott's POV

School seemed like an okay choice in my head, but in reality I shouldn't have gone.
I got up, and walked to my closet.
I picked a tight long sleeve shirt, and black ripped jeans. I went to the bathroom, and got ready.

I looked at my phone. It was 8:15am. School starts in 15 minutes, shoot. I'm going to be late.
I hurry and slide my shoes on, grab my backpack and run out of the door, forgetting to eat breakfast.

I got in my car, and drove to school.
Once I pulled in, I felt sick and nervous.
The people would make fun of me. I don't have friends here, only mitch.
Mitch is in most of my classes, he just sits far away.

I took a deep breath, and got out of my car. I walked to homeroom, with my head looking down at my feet the whole way.
Right as I was about to walk through the door, someone bumped into my shoulder.
"What the hell, Hoying?! Watch we're you're going." A kid said.
"S-sorry..." I said, walking to my desk.
I sat down, and looked around the class.
People stared at me, laughed at me, and pointed.
Why?
Why do they hate me?
Well... you wouldn't know because you aren't me but...
I used to be popular... the top of the school. But someone found out that I was gay, and all of my friends and everyone else started treating me different, and it got to the point where everyone is a bully.
So... when Mitch sent the text, it hurt me. I know he didn't mean anything he said but... people's words stick.

The bell rang. Time to go to my next class.
I got up from my desk, to get bumped into again.
I sighed, and walked out the door.

A tall kid, who used to be one of my friends, handed me a sheet of folded paper.
I held onto it until I got to my next class.
I sat down, and set the note on my lap. As I set the not on my lap, I saw Mitch walk past me and sit in the seat behind me.
I felt a bit better, knowing my only friend was behind me.
I opened up the note, and began to read it.
The first word made me feel useless.
The second sentence made me feel worthless.
All of it was hate.
All of it.

I started to feel my eyes water.
Don't cry Scott... you'll get made fun of.
I felt a tear roll down my face, and instantly got up and ran to the bathroom, bringing my backpack with me.

I ran into a stall, slammed the door and sat on the floor and cried.
I had the note tightly gripped in my hand, and I read it over and over again. Tears were falling on the page, smearing the ink the kid had wrote it in.

I began to think what they wrote was true.

Faggot. Oops, I mean Scott.
We didn't see you at school yesterday. Why? Were you crying to your mommy about us kicking you out of the group?
Or were you making out with your gay boyfriend?
No one likes you, get some new friends and fix that hair of yours.
We don't need an ugly ass gay friend, so don't talk to us anymore.
Everyone knows your secret about being gay, Scott. Don't hide it.
In this school, it's not cool.
Go to a new one, blondie.

What's wrong with me?
Why is it so wrong to be gay?
I don't get it... I didn't do anything to anyone.
I just really don't like girls. And that's not a crime. It's just what I like.

Fix my hair? Does it really look that frizzy?
I thought it looked good...

I herd the bathroom door open, and a loud voice scream my name.
"Hey, asshole!! I know you're in here. Come out, come out wherever you are!!" He yelled.
I got up and backed up to the wall.
He banged on the stall door, until eventually it opened.
I was scared, frozen and stiff. I couldn't move.
He held a closed fist and raised it towards my face.
All of a sudden, I feel a bang to my nose, and another to my eye.
I tried to stop him, but his other hand punched my stomach. Then... everything went black.

•••••

Mitch's POV

I saw Scott ran out of the class, like he was upset.
This couldn't be good...
After about 2 minutes of Scott being gone, a tall kid that used to hang out with Scott ran out of the room, and that scared me.
I asked to use the restroom and followed the kid.
I walked into the bathroom, but I was too late.
Scott was on the floor, last out with blood coming from his nose.
The kid ran out and back to class, leaving me with Scott.

"Scott, Scott wake up." I say, gently shaking him.
He didn't move.
I grabbed a tissue and wiped the blood from his face and moved his head on my lap.
"Scott, wake up. You can do this. It's me, Mitch. I got you. Just open those big blue eyes." I say, soothingly.
He started waking up, and looked up at me.
"W-what happened?" He asked.
"I'll explain once we're in the car. I'm taking you home. Here, I'll help you up." I say, taking his bags and sitting him up.
He cries in pain, and holds his bruised stomach.
I help him walk to my car, and help him get in.
I text the teacher from my car, and explain why we both left.
I also explained to Scott what had happened.
I felt terrible for him.
He didn't speak the whole way to his house, but once we got there, he wanted me to stay. Which I did.

A/N: Sooo... I wasn't going to update today, but I really was in the mood to write!! Anyways, it's 12:30am, and I need to rest , haha. Anyways, I'll update again tomorrow!!Enjoy this long chapter!! Talk to y'all tomorrow!!💗💗