~Chapter 9~

~Lucy's Pov~ 

I had put on my gloves as Levy and I finally calmed down. "Levy Zeref will need to know about this" I spoke as she nodded. She knew I owed him. She knew I liked him even. "Irene is waiting" Levy spoke leaving the room pretty fast as I sighed taking a deep breath. I left the room to see Erza, Natsu and Gray looking the part for the ball. Natsu wearing a suit with his scarf around it, Gray wearing a matching suit to him. The difference between the both was Natsu had a red top and Gray had a dark blue one. 

Erza was wearing a dark purple dress her hair up  in a curly high back ponytail. "You are to all act polite, good and remember our actions tonight will decide the human race" I spoke looking at the three as they looked at me in some shock. I had changed these last 500 years. I had been through so many wars I was used to taking charge. "Levy you better watch over them" I spoke walking ahead my mind on the game plan. I didn't think Levy would pick them off the bat after telling me the truth. 

I knew they was whispering to each other following as my mind was on the Dark Fairy Leader she would be the hardest to convince. She being the one who would start another bloodbath war. "Lu-Chan you need to slow down" Levy spoke sounding worried as I stopped seeing Irene leaning on the wall smirking. "Lu-Chan you mean Priestess understood Lady McGarden?" Irene asked in a harsh tone as Levy moved behind Erza scared for her life. "Irene you cannot threaten the Priestess's right hand" I spoke as she looked at me.

"She won't be your right hand much longer Lucy, I will also add on to what you asked me, she will be placed under my guard meaning she cannot be killed in the future" Irene spoke moving to stand in front of me as I looked at her with no emotion. "Priestess Lucy what is she on about?" Levy soon asked as Irene smirked at me. "We can both play games easy Irene" I spoke closing my eyes as she laughed. "Yes as Zeref's favorite you could get me in much trouble do not worry I shall stand down for now" Irene replied as I took a breath.

"Levy after tonight I will be freeing you from the curse, you will finally leave my deadly side and have a family, I know you will beg and not want this but Irene will be taking your place out of anyone she can snap me back in a click of a finger" I soon explained turning around opening my eyes no emotion in my face or body language. "WHAT? Lu you can't be for real!" Levy nearly shouted scared as she moved forward to stand in front of me. "Levy this curse has drained you more than it has to me, you think I cannot see your own emotions? This is for you so please do not fight this" I replied.

She knew I wasn't backing down from this as Irene gave an amused chuckle putting her hand on my shoulder as her other was holding her wooden staff. "You have gotten better at hiding emotions and acting like you have none Lucy but you cannot trick someone who mastered that 1,000 years ago" Irene spoke as I turned my head looking toward her smiling. "Yes you and Levy both are normally my mind readers" I spoke as I made a portal on the wall next to us shocking Natsu, Erza and Gray.

Oh how I wished to speak to them normally. To say sorry but this had to come first. "You all first or it will close" I ordered as they nodded Levy going in first and she was upset slightly. Erza followed. Natsu and Gray looked at each other before following as I took a deep breath. My heart slightly breaking. None were asking questions like they normally would. "They ain't normal reborns are they? They are the real thing" Irene asked as I nodded. "Hai they are the real Fairy Tail mages" I answered as she moved toward the portal.

"If they start a war, I do hope I do not have to fight you Lucy" Irene spoke before going through as I took a breath walking through the portal to see us outside Zeref's castle ballroom doors. Irene went to the doors opening them up. "I present the Phoenix Priestess Lucy Heartfilla and her guest and guards" Irene spoke loudly as I walked through into the ballroom as I saw many different races. The humans being used as servants but they wasn't chained like normal slaves they wanted to server Lord Zeref.

He had saved many humans. Levy, Erza, Natsu and Gray came forward getting whispers to start. Zeref came up the stairs offering me his hand. I took it as he faced the crowd. "The reason you was all brought here so sudden to my engagement ball is because a treaty between humans and demons have started" Zeref spoke loudly as many jaws dropped at the 'engagement' part. "I am to marry Priestess Lucy Heartfilla" he then spoke as we walked down the stairs together hand in hand as many whispers got louder and more with rage.

"With this humans and demons become one like how Dragons and Demons did so. Who ever hurts one race will have to deal with the other and our wrath" Zeref spoke as everyone was quiet in shock as even I was shocked by his words. Everyone knew by his aura he meant every word. "My Lord Zeref" a fairy with black wings flew into the air and then on the ground in front of us. Lady Zatanna the leader of the Dark Fairies. She had long black hair, red eyes, very pale skin and was wearing a red dress. Her tail hiding inside of it. 

"This is too sudden you are meant to marry someone you love and make your son take things like this are you not?" she asked trying to hide the rage in her voice but was failing. "Shall we show them something that will shut any words up?" I heard Zeref's voice in my head as I just smiled giving him the go ahead as Zeref spun me to face him as he pressed his lips onto my own. I heard people choking on drinks, spitting them out, gasping as they all must of been in pure shock. I did indeed kiss back.

The kiss was soft and gentle, along with warm. He pulled away as my face burnt up badly as he did so. "You may be quiet and back down Lady Zatanna" the green leader troll Johnathan spoke with his deep voice as everyone around us was staring at me in shock. "We heard the rumors but you are not affected by Lord Zeref's curse?" a demon asked as I closed my eyes smirking. "Correct no normal old curse like his can affect me" I answered as the whispers had started up once more.

"Now everyone let us start the ball" Zeref then spoke as music started playing as I saw my friends Brandish and Dimaria both winking toward me holding hands themselves. Dimaria gave me a wink mouth 'get some' as Brandish was laughing slightly at her girlfriend. That didn't help my blushing face.