Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Maddie has been talking about her perfect life with her perfect family and her perfect personality. I can't gives me cold chills when I think about her and Dan together. I have to excuse myself to the bathroom. I have to regain myself. I walk in lock the door, and my feelings get the best of me immediately. Tears form in my eyes and roll down my cheeks. I guess Dan deserves someone who is easier to take care of. Someone who won't breakdown randomly or be as needy as me. The room spins and I fall onto the floor with my knees to the chest. I sob, harder than I've sobbed in a while.

**Phils POV**
As we sit in the living room I look at Maddie and remember how I felt the first time I met her. Her curly hair bounced as she sat in the booth next to mine. This coffee shop is my get away, because I liked people watching. But in this moment I only see her, no more people watching. I can't help but make our blue eyes meet. We stare into each other's eyes for what felt like forever. Her beautiful face made it impossible to look away. She starts to shift in her seat and stands up. I realise that I'm staring and look back down at my drink. I see her sit across from me at my booth and my eyes slowly trail up to her's.

"Hey" I think I fell in love with those words. We talked for an hour and then somehow we ended up at the flat and she met Dan and Y/N. But then all of the sudden, in the middle of the conversation, Y/N ran off.

**Dans POV**
She's been in the bathroom for 25 minutes. 25. That's too many. I go and knock on the door, only to hear small, soft sobs. She is trying to hide it, she inhaled sharply when I knocked. I try to open the door, it's locked.

"Darling please, open the door" I pleaded. The response was chilling.

"NO, NO NO NO NO NO, I CANT ANYMORE DAN" That's wasn't even the worst part. After that sentence she screamed at the top of her lungs. Scary movie girl before she gets killed, screamed. There is a loud bang. I loose it. I grab the door handle with one hand and bang on the door with the other.

"Come on Y/N!! Open the door! What was that?" No response.

"PHIL. PHIL Y/N'S IN THE BATHROOM CRYING AND THERE WAS A LOUD BANG AND I CAN'T GET IN AND SHE ISN'T ANSWERING ANYMORE" I run into the living room and look at Phil on the couch. He fumbles to get up and we both run to the bathroom leaving Maddie in the living room. We both count down and know exactly what to do on 1 like it's an instinct. We ran our bodies into the door and it opens like it was nothing. We see a distorted, tear ridden, torn apart girl sitting in the bathtub. This isn't the Y/N we know. She has a continuous stream of tears flowing down her face, but her eyes are glued to the ceiling. The shower curtain was pulled down to cover her like a blanket. The metal pole it once hung by lays on her leg. She has broken her leg. I grab her bridal style and without any words, I get in a car and drive to the ER. I call Phil while they take her back and I fill out paperwork. They are on their way and will be here soon.

It's maybe 15 minutes later and they show up. They say only one of us can go back to see her right now, since she has no available family. Maddie and Phil look at me simultaneously. Their eyes tell me to be the one who sees her. I nod my head and get up. I follow a nurse in pink scrubs to a room where she lies. She is cold and shaking, I've never seen her in this state. She looks almost stale, staring at the ceiling. I just want to pick her up and fix her and cradle her and help her. I knock on the doorway and walk in. No response. I start to towards her bed and put my hand on her shoulder. Nothing from her. I look down, trying to hide the tears in my eyes. I don't know what happened to her to make this happen but whatever it is, I'm never going to let it bother her again.

They have stitched her up and she is in a wheelchair and/or crutches. She leaves 2 days later. Unfortunately our flat doesn't have an elevator so I carry her up the stairs everyday and I almost enjoy it. The way she kind of latches on to me and depends on me.