Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

ITS SHORT IM SORRY

***Y/N POV***

The knock on the door causes Dan to hop up. He walks out of the living room. I grab a blanket from the back of the couch and wrap myself up like a burrito. I smile. This is the happiest I've been in forever. I hear Dans mumbles responding to unknown voices.

"Hey! You can't just come in here!!" I hear Dan yell. Phil stands up and runs to the intruder. Maddie moves over to me. We're both petrified. No words are spoken between us but our eyes tell each other how scared we are. Then the intruder comes around the corner. The man that single handedly ruined my life makes eye contact with me and before I know it I'm trying to run from him. I grab the closest thing to me, my crutch, and point it towards him. He puts his hands up in the air.

"I'm here to talk" he says

"GET OUT" my voice is choking on my tears.

"Who is he?" Dan asks.

"My father" I respond. The next thing I know I'm on the floor because my good foot gave out. Dan is there immediately helping me up.

"Get out" he says quietly while still helping me but it's obviously directed towards my dad. I see Phil trying to get him to leave while the room spins around me. I feel like I'm going to throw up. My main priority is to get him away from my friends. I stand up on my crutches and push Phil away from him. My father looks at my leg and leans down to my ear.

"You deserve it you piece of dirt" I nod.

"Um. Could you please leave?" I ask not making eye contact with him.

"Now why would I do that?" He mumbles.

"Ok I'm sorry" I say and I back up. He grabs me by the arm and drags me away. He's stronger. The boys and Maddie protest. Dan threatens to call the police. But dad won't have that. Everything goes by in a flash. All I see is An on the floor cradling his hand and Phil yelling protecting Maddie behind his back.