Chapter 4

~~~~~Time Hop~~~~~~

Three months passed in the underground and everything was very calm. Until that day. Sans and Serenity were walking hand in hand to Sans’ station talking. The two were practically inseparable, it would take an earth splitting earthquake to split them. As the two approached Sans’ station Serenity smiled “you be careful today ok” she told him placing a kiss on his cheek bone.

          “Aren’t I always?” he chuckled returning the kiss to her cheek.

          “Not always” she smiled as she started to walk away. That is until she heard something coming from the door just down the way. “What is that?” she asked as she started walking towards the door.

          “Babe, don’t just walk off. You never know what’s out here” Sans told her moving to follow her.

          “Sorry Sansy” she smiled back at him taking his hand again. The two of them walked towards the door.

          “Do you…..really hate me…..that much” came a voice from the other side of the door. Was that…..Toriel?

          “Serenity hide” Sans told her looking over at her.

          “Why?” she asked moving over to the trees.

          “Just hide and stay hidden ok” he told her before he disappeared himself.

    Serenity gave a sigh but did as he had requested. After a few minutes a small child walked out of the big door dust covering their clothes. She raised an eyebrow and stayed under the cover of the trees as she followed the child. She had to keep a close eye on him because he was getting closer and closer to Sans’ station. As she followed the child suddenly stopped at a bridge hearing the snapping of a twig. Serenity looked over towards the noise and tensed. What the hell was Sans doing?! She tried to listen in on their very one sided conversation but couldn’t quite hear enough.

    After the two talked for a bit they finally crossed the bridge that Papyrus had failed to trap a human with. As soon as they crossed she followed then jumped back into the woods. They talked for a bit more then Papyrus came from his station, and the child just….stood there. This child sent bad vibes to Serenity as she finally decided she was tired of hiding. She walked out of the trees and went over to Sans.

    “Hi Sans. Who’s your new friend?” she asked as she took his hand in hers hiding their intertwined fingers behind them. Sans looked at her with a ‘What are you doing’ sort of look.

    “I don’t know. He doesn’t talk much” he answered.

    “Well no matter who he is brother! You need to keep an eye out for humans! We can’t let them get through!” Papyrus exclaimed before scurrying off.

    The child just stared at Serenity with an eyebrow raised. Obviously they didn’t expect another human to be here. Serenity looked at them also with a raised eyebrow.

    “You ok kid?” she asked. Now was her chance to get a better look at the child. They wore a purple and blue striped shirt, they didn’t seem to talk nor show any emotion really. The more Serenity looked at the child the more he seemed to be familiar. She had zoned out so much that she didn’t hear Sans talking to her.

    “Serenity.” He called.

    “huh? What?” she looked at him.

    “Come on, we’re taking a short cut” he told her walking back towards the door. She followed keeping close. Why did that child seem so familiar to her?