Chapter 6

As the two walked Sans kept a tight grip on Serenity’s hand keeping her close. With how the kid is Undyne will be at her worst with humans. The two kept walking until a spear flew and landed in front of them. Serenity jumped and hid behind Sans gripping his jacket. A woman with red hair and blue skin walked up to the two. On closer inspection she looked like a fish. She would be pretty cool if she weren’t so intimidating. “Sans! Is that a human behind you?!” the woman asked glaring at Serenity.

          “Yea, but Undyne you have to listen to me” Sans replied protecting Serenity.

          “You know the rules Sans, any humans need to be taken to Asgore” she told him glaring at Serenity “especially with what’s going on now, monsters are dying left and right all because of a human like her”

          “She’s not like that kid Undyne. I should know because she’s been living with me and P….Pap….for a few months” he told her choking back tears when his brother’s name came from his mouth.

          “A FEW MONTHS?! Sans! Are you nuts! She could have killed you guys!”

          “But she didn’t! I’m still alive and breathing!” he retaliated.

          “Sans, I can defend myself” Serenity told him before coming out of hiding to face Undyne herself.  This confrontation filled you with determination “Look, I know there’s some sort of policy about humans here, and with this kid going around killing everyone it makes it worse, but I can assure you I am not like this kid.” She gave a sigh looking up at her. Undyne stared at her with a glare on her face.

    Serenity continued “I understand you and Papyrus were really great friends….he looked up to you and was always talking about you, and with every time he did it made me want to meet you and possibly befriend you myself, I just wish we could have met on better circumstance” she told her tears coming to her eyes. Sans squeezed her hand gently before looking at Undyne who just looked away with a sigh.

    “I guess I can let you slide, I have a bigger problem anyway…” she told her. “Now I have to go find this kid, I need you guys to run to Hotland and give Alphys a heads up. Tell her that if anything happens to me that she needs to start an evacuation immediately” she told them.

    Sans gave a nod “We can do that…just be careful Undyne.”

    “I will” she told him then ran off.

    Once she was gone Serenity looked at Sans “who’s Alphys?” she asked as they started to walk.

    “She’s the Royal Scientist, she’s a really good friend of ours” he gave a light smile then sighed “I hate to tell you this, but I want you to stay with Alphys and evacuate with everyone else.”

    “Sans no, please don’t make me do that” she looked at him with tears in her eyes.

    “I’m sorry doll, but I can’t risk losing you to this kid” he sighed and looked up at the door to a lab. Man they got here quick.

    “Sans….please….” she choked out. Sans looked up at her and gave a shaky sigh.

    “Please don’t cry, pretty girls like you shouldn’t cry.” he told her wiping away her tears with his thumb. He then looked over at the lab “let’s go inside” he told her and the two walked in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          When they walked through the door they were greeted by a short, yellow, dinosaur. She wore a white lab coat and had on a pair of glasses. This must have been Alphys.

          “O-oh, S-Sans, I thought you were Undyne” she spoke then gasped seeing Serenity “Th-there’s another one?” she asked.

          “Yea, but she’s not like that other kid, trust me” he told her keeping Serenity close. “But Alphys, we have a message from Undyne”

          “O-Oh, what is it?” she asked.

          “She said that if something happened to her, that you need to start evacuating people” Serenity told her.

          “O-Oh goodness….” She started walking to a moving conveyer belt. “Sh-she’s going to go fight it?”

          “Yea” Sans answered following her along with Serenity. “And Alphys….I have a favor to ask of you” Sans called towards her with a sigh.

          “What is it Sans?” she asked looking back at him.

          “Can Serenity stay here and in case evacuation is needed, go with you?” he asked.

          “Sans…..please….” Serenity looked at him tears in her eyes

          “Of course” Alphys answered as she went back to walking, soon disappearing upstairs.

          Serenity walked over to a chair and sat down in it burying her face in her arms as tears spilled over.

          “…..Serenity….please don’t cry” Sans begged walking over to her. However she continued to cry. “Please doll, I hate seeing you like this” he told her.

          “Then take me with you” she choked out looking at him.

          “I can’t Serenity, I can’t risk losing you….” He gave a sigh and kissed her head “Just please…..stay here….I’ll be back before you know it….then we can go to Grillby’s or something ok?” he squeezed her hands tightly. With obvious hesitation she gave a small nod wiping away tears.

          “I love you” she told him.

          “I love you too” he told her giving her a light grin on top of his permanent one. The two kissed and then Sans walked out and disappeared. Serenity gave a shaky sigh tears coming back to her eyes. She walked up to where Alphys had disappeared to and started to watch the cameras that were following the kid. Hatred bubbled in her watching them kill every monster in their path.

          “Sans….be careful” she mumbled continuing to watch the screen.