Chapter 16

As soon as she was out, she cast an appearance charm. It was similar to what she'd done when she'd gone to see Draco in the Hospital Wing, but she made sure to look different, because Pansy had seen her that day.

Hermione pulled at the short locks and found them a similar colour to the Weasleys, but significantly redder. She glanced at a suit of armour and found that her features were rather pixie-like.

She shrugged - she didn't have time to be fussy. She stared at her uniform. It was too neat. Quickly, she ran to the nearest window and when she got there, she took off and quietly slipped into her dorm. Only Parvati was there, and she was fast asleep. Quietly, Hermione shrugged out of her jersey and switched her Gryffindor tie for Draco's Slytherin one.

She glanced at the two neatly folded black items on her dresser. One was Draco's school robe, and the other was Draco's cloak from that night under the tree. She grabbed the cloak. Then she bolted.

"Malfoy!" she yelled in her borrowed voive, having fought past the portrait to enter the Slytherin Dungeon. She'd eventually resorted to ripping her sleeve up and shoving her Dark Mark is Salazar's face. He'd gladly let her in with a smile after that. "Malfoy!"

"What?!"

He came to the common room, glaring angrily at the girl in the center.

"Oh, Draco," came the voice of Pansy Parkinson, "Where are you?"

She gave a giggle that made Hermione's borrowed features twist in disgust as she fake-belched. Draco sighed in relief. He reached Hermione and hugged her. "Just go with it," he muttered, "Or she won't leave me alone."

Hermione sighed. "You better not kiss me."

"That would be disgusting."

Pansy came into the common room and sighed. "Oh, all right. I'll see you tomorrow, Draco!"

Hermione sprang away from Draco as soon as the dark haired girl left the room. "Eugh," she mumbled, wiping her uniform down.

Draco rolled his eyes. "What did you want, Granger?"

Hermione stopped wiping her clothes and narrowed her eyes at the platinum blond before her. "What gave it away?"

"Aside from the fact that you're literally the only girl that disgusted by me? Or that you're also almost the only person who mimics Parkinson when she's looking for me? It's your eyes." Draco shrugged. "You can change the colour, shape, whatever you like, but I know your eyes."

For a moment, Hermione was stunned, then she felt the Map in her pocket and shook her head. "It's tonight," she said. "Dumbledore left with Harry a while ago."

Draco paled - if that were possible - and his teasing grin was replaced with a grave expression. "Are you sure?"

Hermione nodded. "I'm certain of it."

Draco nodded. "Okay, you stay with Zabini and Nott."

Draco nodded again and turned to leave through the portrait hole. "What? No! Malfoy, I'm -"

"ZABINI!" Draco yelled. "NOTT!"

"You can't make me stay!"

Draco caught Hermione by her shoulders. "I can, and I will. You're staying with Zabini and Nott, you will not even know where to find me, and you will not look for me. Understood?"

Hermione blinked. "Absolutely not! I have been watching over you since October! I will not let you go there alone! You cannot expect me to simply -"

"I don't want you to watch me murder your Headmaster!"

Hermione didn't know how to reply for a while. "And I don't want you to be alone with a bunch of heartless Death Eaters when you do."