Chapter 5: Appearances

Othello and Addie arrived at the door to Seraph's dorm and waited for their demons to catch up; Celtore had slowed his pace due to Solomon's weight, but they had finally reached their masters and Celtore carefully placed the golem next to Othello. Addie stretched her arm out for Celtore to land on, once he did he walked up her arm and rested on her shoulder, covering himself with her hair.

Othello knocked on the door, powerfully, causing an echo to bounce off every corner and crevice of the academy.

There was a moment of silence from everything, until the sound of unlocking came from inside the dorm room. A young, dark haired boy answered the door, and upon seeing Othello he opened his arms wide, allowing the dwarf to share a friendly 'man hug' with him. "Othello!" He exclaimed, "What brings you here?" They moved away from each other as they finished their innocent embrace.

"I came to introduce Adelaide to you and Genevieve," Othello explained, presenting Addie to the boy like a prize he had just won, "She is my new friend." Othello's grin stretched from one ear to the other, it seemed like he was not good at holding in his excitement.

The other boy, who Addie had figured out to be Seraph, looked up and down at her. He started from the top of her brunette hair, down to the black leather boots surrounding her feet: Having her hair down either meant she felt comfortable being able to manoeuvre her body so precisely that her hair would never get in her way, or she was too embarrassed to show her face to anyone, presumably not even to her parents.

Her blue eyes seemed to reflect light at whatever angle she faced; this helped her to conceal secrets from everyone. Adelaide's lips were a dark red, almost like dried blood that had been given time to settle for many years, but the lips themselves glistened every now and then, which signified that they were often rehydrated and never left to wither. Her nose and cheeks were the perfect shape for a young woman like herself.

Atop of the academy's uniform she wore a red and black cloak, found to have patches covered up with poor stitching, but some showed the progression of the skill as time went by. She also had a black satchel around her shoulder, which he presumed carried the pentacle; it was covered in silver lining, and the buckle was a magnificent gold, laden with jewels. She had black boots, which were a polished leather, obviously high enough quality to be owned by a noble. "Are you a noble?" Seraph asked.

This question caused Addie to shuffle in her spot, anxiously, "Yes," She answered, "Is that a problem?"

"No, of course not," Seraph replied, he hoped he hadn't offended her, the last thing he needed was to upset a noble, "I just didn't expect you to be so casual about entering a conversation with a bunch of commoners like us."

"I'd rather talk with commoners than nobles," Addie told him, "Do you know how stuck up they are? It sickens me."

Seraph looked at her, puzzled, "But, why do you not like other nobles?" He questioned.

"Because I don't see the difference between Nobles and Commoners, they are all the same," The memory of her experience on the night of her father's death came back to her, she told them what she had thought: "On the night of my father's death I couldn't distinguish between my parents and the rest of the town. Even though we had transportation to help us escape, my parents still had a feeling of uncertainty about it. They were right to think so, but if they weren't nobles then my father would still be alive. Because he had power the albino orc considered him to be a target. Having power brings death." Her last remark caused a sea of silence to drown the boys.