Chapter 3: Ayden

Chapter 3: Ayden

I'm sitting at my desk the next morning writing in my planner when mrs. Angala asks me if she could go make some copies

"Sure, go ahead. I'll keep the classroom in check until you get back."

"Thank you Ayden." She says then leaves the room.

A minute later the door opens and in walks a girl I've never seen before. She has bulky black framed glasses and she...shes big franed herself but in a nice way. She has the longest brown hair I have ever seen. Since I'm the only on in the room I get up and greet her.

"You must be Greyson. I'm Ayden."

She doesn't say anything but just looks around "Your desk is right here." And I point at the clean desk at the front of the room.

I grab her backpack and put it on the hook closest to the sign out sheets, her assigned spot.

She still doesn't say anything but she walks over to her desk and her fingers trace her name on her name tag.

"I made that." I say, putting my hands in my pocket.

"It's...nice..." She says and looks up at me and I see where she got her name. Greyson has the most beautiful grey eyes I have ever seen.

"So...Ayden...you can call me Grey." She says looking at me a little too long and then looks away and sits down. I walk over to her.

"Can I..." I say pointing at her desk. Greyson gets out of her seat and walks out of the way. I pull out everything in her desk. "Do you have the book covers that were on the supplies list?"

"Yeah." She walks to her backpack and pulls out the book covers and the pencils and everything that was on the supplies list.

I put the covers on Greyson's text books and explain everything where everything goes.

"Thanks Ayden, oh and I forgot something." Greyson says the. She gets up and walks to her backpack. She trips but catches herself on another desk and I laugh a little.

"Very funny," she laughs and looks back at me. While she continues on her journey to her backpack I hear voices down the hallway.

"Hey, if you need anything just ask me." I say and she turns around and smiles. She has bright white teeth and a kind smile.

At that moment kids start piling into the room and I venture back to my seat, taking little glances at Grey.

"Oh thank you Ayden, for watching the classroom. And who it this, you must be Greyson." Says mrs. Angala as she walks back into the room.

Everybody starts introducing themselves to Greyson and she says hello and gives them her name. I just sit at my desk finishing my planner.

Something catches my ear "Hi, I'm Greyson but you can call me Grey." Then Greyson looks at me and grins.