Chapter 6: Greyson

It was so nice for Aidan, James and their friends to sit with me at lunch today. But I have no idea what I'm doing during recess! I'll probably just get a basketball and shoot some hoops.

When I get outside, I guess we have to wait for the little kids that were just out, to line up and go inside. So I stand there with nobody to talk to, when Ayden walks over to me.

"What are you gonna do during recess?" He asks me as he approaches me.

"I don't know..." I say truthfully, not wanting to lie to him.

"Do you know how to play basketball?" Ayden asks me. He's smirking. Who does he think I am. Of corse I know how to play basketball.

"I may know a thing or two..." I say smirking back. I hope he asks me to play with him.

"Do you want to play with me and the guys? It will be fun, and we'll go easy on you." He says, dribbling a invisible basketball and shooting it into an invisible basket.

"Sure but I think I'm the one who should go easy on you. I don't even think you made that invisible basket." I say playfully crossing my arms. He sarcastically gasps.

"Fine, we'll just have to prove it on the court." He says and extends his arms and walks backwards towards his friends. I'm blushing but I don't think he notices.

When the recess teachers announce that recess has started I see Ayden run to the basketball hoops, then I see James run with the ball. I run after them and they pick teams. I don't know anyone's name, but when the team captains, James and Ayden, call the other people I learn their names.

"Me first... Greyson." James says and I walk over to James. I look at Ayden. He's giving James a look.

"Umm, Kev." Ayden says then an awkwardly tall guy with a buzz cut walks over to Ayden.

"Nick." A short guy, that looks all sporty, let's see if he's good...

"Brian." Skinny, medium tall.

"Aidan." Afro, baggy clothes.

"Danny." Skinny, long hair.

They say a couple of other names while I try and remember the faces on my team. When the game starts Ayden and James do check and the game begins. James dribbles the ball to the hoop and scored without passing and Aidan caught it and dribbled back up the blacktop and, to my surprise, passes it to me. I catch and and dribble with the best of my ability and shoot. It makes it in and James jogs next to me as we make it to the middle of the court.

"You're good Grey." He smirks and runs faster. I smile a little.

The game goes on and it's 19-19 tied. I have the ball and James tells me there is only one minute left of recess. I dribble it up to the hoop and Ayden's there trying to block but he left an open space. I push under his open arms and shoot. It bounces and... ITS IN!!! My team cheers and I walk up to Ayden.

"I told you I knew a thing or two." I say smiling at him. He has his hands on his knees and he looks up at me and smiles.

"Damn, you're good. I told you to go easy on me." He laughs and stands straight "I never knew a girl who played so well."

"You've never met me Ayden." I grin at him and walk backwards toward the line. "Women can play sports too!" He laughs and shakes his head.

I run toward the line and I'm standing behind a girl with shiny blond hair and a skirt. She turns around. "Are you Greyson?" She asks.

"Yeah. And you are?" I fire back.

"Chloe Dumging. Nice to meet you Grey." She extends a painted hand and we shake hands. She whips her hand on her skirt after we shake.

"Nice to meet you as well." I say and I run a hand through my hair and shake it out. I want to get out of this conversation so I turn around to find a tan skinned girl smiling.

"I'm Ingrid" she says.

"I'm Greyson, you can call me Grey." I say and we talk a little bit before we're called in and Ingrid is a pretty cool person.

When we get back inside we do this worksheet called a "monthly edit" and the teacher... mrs. Angala, teaches me how to do it. After I finish the incredibly easy sheet I look around and my eyes catch Ayden looking at me. He looks away once I look at him. Them I notice another pair on me, but this pair is burning into my soul.

They are from Chloe Dumging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys for reading! Please comment and vote!