Chapter Thirteen: Gotta Love Babysitting

Bre

"Stepmommy, you look so pretty!" I said to Sarah as she sat in the vanity in my room. I was currently doing her Red lipstick.

She had on a long sleeved black dress, with gold spikes on the shoulders. Her hair was let loose and flowing, straight with a curl atthe end. She had on gold heels and a gold elephant tooth necklace.

"Thank you baby, are you sure you'll be able to watch Elle tonight?" She said

"Step Ma, dont worry. This is you and Daddys night so have fun." I replied

"Dont forget, the breast milk is in the green pitcher"

Tonight is the celebration of my Dad's tenth year of being a doctor.

He was also given the Noble Honor Award for traveling to countries and tending to others needs. Im proud of my daddy.

"Your gonna be late, go, go go!" I said as she rushed downstairs and locked arms with my father as they walked out the door.

As soon as the door shut, Elle began crying.

I picked her up from the play pen and started walking around with her, and lightly bouncing her up and down.

I placed the duck pacifier in her mouth and set her back down in front of the t.v in the playpen on the floor, while taking a seat on the couch.

I was alone. Dre wasnt answering his phone and Sadie's went straight to voicemail. I contemplated on calling him, but he would probably send me to voicemail too.

It worth a risk. I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

It rang four times, before he finally picked up.

"Hello" his mellow voice sang through the phone

"Hey, do you wanna maybe come over? If you dont want to, thats fine but i wpuld appreciate-"

"Ill be there in thirty" he said as he hung up.

I became all happy and looked down at my body, i was wearing a oversized shirt and sweatpants that had rips in them.

I quickly grabbed Carielle and speed walked upstairs to my room. Placing her on the floor, i went through my drawers and found a orange shirt and light blue acid wash jean shorts.

I put my hair in a two fishtail braids and watched Elle.

I left my baby hairs put while also not gelling it letting stray hairs fall loosely. Couldnt dress up too much for him.

I picked Carie off the floor and walked a door over to her room. I quickly changed her diaper and walked back downstairs and continued to watch tv, with Elle sitting in the playpen.

It hit me then. Why am I even dressing up for him? Why did I have to make it look like I didnt? Why did I care so much that he was coming over?

I dont like him, I have Dre. But he will forever be a question mark in my mind. Why was I so infatuated with impressing him. I think I miss him.

I looked at Elle, and for the first time, i carefully observed her face. I never noticed her big, round eyes, which were hazel but turned brown sometimes. And her hair, that was destined to be brown, no matter if it was light or dark. I also looked at her beautiful red skin that would probably earn a tan later in her life. Elle is beautiful.

DING DONG

Elle began crying again, and I picked her up, which ultimately made her stop crying, so I put her down. I walked to the door, and hesitated on opening it. I put my hand on the lock, and twisted it, and slowly opened the door.

There he stood. Corahn.

I stared at him in amazement. He reaches out to hug me, and I hug back.

"You look good." he says

"Thanks. Come in." I say as I let him walk in.

Just as he did, Elle starts to cry again. I walk over and pick her up, and place her on my hip.

Its gonna be a long and uncomfortable night.

___