beats

Silence. My whole body shook as he glared at me constantly though the mirror. More silence.

"Can you turn on the radio?" I ask Gaara and tap his shoulder

"So are y'all a thing?" Sasuke asks over me and leans the seat back so that the is technically in the back seat

"Oh...as bad as this sounds. Were both in relationships." Gaara fakes a laugh and then clear his throat

"Oh yea?.." he trails off and closed his eyes

I glance over at him, the way his hair stuck up, and his cold eyes sung a sad song so softly. "Its rude to stare dobe." Sasuke says and opens one eyes, glaring at me

"How'd you know?" I ask and look away

"'Cuz your a dumbass." He laughs and closes his eyes

The car stop and Gaara opens the door for me. "You gonna tell Kakashi? What we did? Because if you dont, i wont tell Neji either."

"Id rather not, but if you want to i will." I sigh and grab my hair

"I dont..." he smiles and walks over to the car, "good night Naruto."

"G'Nite." I wave back

I felt Sasukes eyes lock onto me as i walked up to my house and closed the door. My heart began to race just thinking about it.

"Kaka-

"Ah, no! Not there!"

I felt my heart stop. A moan. From our room? I walk up the stairs, stepping over the creaking ones and stand in front of the door.

"Hanare, ah fuck!"

I grab my phone and dial his number. I listen to it ring and hear him grab his phone.

"Who is it?" The girl asks

"No one." He lies

"Wife?"

"Not taken." I can hear the smile in his voice.

I open the door and storm to the closet. Ignoring the girls screams and Kakashi yelling my name. I throw some clothes into the bag along with pants, toothbrush and some spare cash.

"Naruto." He calls as i walk down the stairs into the kitchen grabbing the keys

The thing is i wasn't mad. I couldn't cry. I was over him before i knew it. Simply put, im a flower. Easy to keep, hard to loose. Water me in attention. Feed me with sweet nothings. Adore me. Give me some space once and a while and im yours. Miss one of those things and were done.

I opened the door and sat on the porch. "Naruto!" Kakashi yells and swing open the door "Say something."

"Lie to me. Tell me it isn't what it seems." I lower my head, "my heart raced around you and now its just beating. I dont think i really ever loved you, i just think we've been together so long that we just got attached. We confused love with lust. And needs with wants. Your dominance over threw my desire to be loved. You were nothing more than a wolf in sheep's clothing ready to attack a poor child."

If i could hear hearts break, his would have made no sound. He shed no tear. And didn't react like he knew this day would come. I grabbed my bag and ran my fingers through his hair. His forehead touch mine and he grabbed my waist and began to bawl.

"I..." was all he managed to say. He wiped his face and gave me a faint smile, "take care."

I gave him a slight smile back and got into the car and started it. His scent lingering around. "Ahhh!" I punch the steering wheel "FUCK, DAMMIT ALL!" I felt the tears swell up. Why the hell do i have to cry now of all times?

I backed out the drive way and began to drive no where fast.

▪ x x ▪

Maybe it had been hours. Or even just minutes. But the gas tank was on E and i found myself on Melamine Bridge. I got out and began to walk. Along the curbside. Clutching my jacket keeping the warmth in.

Then it hit me. The heart ache, the pain. I was cold. On nights like this he kept me warm. But it was never love. We were just to scared to leave one another. Attachment....

I listened as the water from the ocean below smashed against the support beam. The salt in the air was relaxing, mesmerizing. It called me, onto the ledge and forcing me to peer over.

Into the water. Watching as the waves crashed. They seemed to be rising higher. Or maybe i was falling. It was cold. It was scary. Then it was warm.

Attachment is crazy huh...