your huntress

Once alone in her room, the Keeper placed her unconscious body on the bed. He grabbed a few rags and water and placed it nearby then nudged her again a few times to be certain she was asleep. The effects of the nectar were wearing off, he thought. He feared he had given her too much when she remained conscious for most of the trip to her quarters. But right before he opened the door to her room she fell asleep in his arms and he sighed in relief. Once he was certain she would not wake, he undid the clasps that held her leather in place and exposed her bloody flesh to him. He wet a rag and cleaned her flesh as best he could then slipped the cloth sheets tightly around her flesh and backed away.

The Keeper sat and watched her quietly, for the remainder of the day. She was very still for some time, so much so, he found himself checking to see if she still drew breath several times. Every time he checked and she still drew breath, he would then back away into a nearby chair and continued watching her. Eventually, the Keeper fell asleep, only to be awoken by his Second after what felt like days.

"Commander." stated his Second in command. When the Keeper opened his eyes the two looked at each other as the Keeper took a moment to wake up. "Is she?" his second asked quietly.

"She still lives." he stated as he got to his feet and moved closer to inspect her condition himself. She was still asleep but she had tucked herself deep beneath the blanket so he knew she was able to move as well. He let out a sigh of relief and reached out to find her belly. He gently touched her and closed his eyes. Wraith males could sense the life growing inside a female, and that's what he looked for. He couldn't sense any minds yet, it was far too early for that, but he could sense there was multiple life force's growing within her. The Keeper hissed when he realized it was still too early to distinguish how many there were. "She honors her hive, but it is still too soon to know for certain." he quietly said as he removed his hand from her belly and looked to face his Second in command. The two Wraith didn't speak out loud for some time.

"I should be the one to tell her when she wakes." the Keeper finally said.

"Are you certain that is wise she will be angry?" Second questioned him.

"Why will I be angry?" the Huntress' voice stopped the Wraith from speaking. When she tried to sit up she failed and reached up to rub her own shoulder. When she noticed the wounds that covered her skin. She froze as she examined them with her fingertips confused. Then she finally she realized that they were bite marks, and she turned to the voices that woke her. "What have you done?" her voice was near panic when she asked.

"Huntress." the Keeper's voice was calm. "The nectar suppresses the mind, it is possible you may never remember what has happened. I did the only thing I could think of to protect your honor." the Huntress was on her feet now, with a blanket barely draped around her as she faced the two Wraith.

"You drugged me!" her voice dripped with anger. She took a step back and gripped her own belly. "I supposed I carry both of your seed now?!" she snapped at them.

"No. My Second had returned to the hive to feed when the rest of us pledge our loyalty to you, our Queen." the Keeper knelt in front of her when he spoke. The Huntress turned her attentions to him.

"So it just your seed I carry?" she was right in front of him when she asked.

"Mine and..." his words trailed off as he found it hard to answer her rage. The Huntress took a swing at him and connected with his face. The Keeper roared but returned to the kneeling potion at her feet. The Huntress took several labored breaths as her anger got the best of her.

"How many?" she demanded of him.

"You carry the life of all of us." the Keeper purred his response.