a ritual, you will have

It was not until the next day that the Huntress noticed something was off, Four was still at her side when she awoke. When Four saw her stir, he greeted her calmly and gave her time to compose herself for the day. That was nothing unusual, she had often been greeted by Four when Emeth was not at her side. But after everything that had been happening she expected Emeth to be with her and it disappointed her when he was not. When the Huntress finally asked about Emeth, all Four would say was the Hive commander was indisposed at the moment, it frustrated her greatly.

The Huntress did not stop to eat, she growled frustrated and set off into the halls of the Hive, despite Four's persistence she remained in her quarter's. She still visited the maturation chamber and the soul, she called the essence of her Keeper. The child was still being nurtured by the Hive and she still went to him every day, she was able. So when Four suggest she remain in her quarter's, it only made her stomach churn, even more, something was off.

The pain struck her like lightning and rang through every bone like thunder. When the Huntress cried out in agony, every light in the Hive flickered in unison with her. Four was close behind her when it happened and the echo of her mind dropped him like a rock to the floor next to her. The Huntress gripped her heart as if it was being torn from her chest as it still beat until her mind cried out again.

> NO, NO, NO! < she pushed her command into every mind on the Hive. After a moment she was finally able to catch her breath and get to her feet.

"Come with me." she released four's mind and he gasped with disbelief. Four knew full well the capabilities of his Huntress but this was something far more powerful than even a Wraith queen was capable of. Her mental pressure suddenly controlled every Wraith action on the Hive, nothing took place without her approval. The Huntress did not wait for Four to regain any sense of composure, she just searched the minds she was connected to for Emeth, but she couldn't find him. It caused an overwhelming panic in her mind, her emotions began to run wild and she did not care.

When the Huntress could not find Emeth's mind, she searched for her Parvana, he was onboard her hive. The elder fought her mind fiercely, she knew he was hiding something from her, so she focused on his position. Four fell in step behind her cautiously, but when they rounded the corner to Emeth quarters, he stopped and the Huntress finally put it together.

"You know whats going on don't you?" the Huntress growled when she felt Four's hesitation.

"It is necessary, for them." Four starred at the floor when he spoke. He knew both the Hive commander and Elder were sorting out their differences behind that door. Something he was supposed to keep the Huntress from interfering in.

"Necessary!" the Huntress couldn't contain her rage. Part of her still hoped that what she was about find out, was not what she thought it was. "I'll show you whats necessary." the Huntress howled again then turned to open the door.

She did not need her mask to know what was inside, she could feel his mind push her away as soon as the door opened.

> do not, do not, do not < the elder mind pushed at the Huntress.

"Where is my Hive commander?" hissed the Huntress as she just pushed the Elder's mind aside. When she entered the room she still couldn't find Emeth's mind, so she focused on the Elder.

"You prevented the ritual from being completed." the elder growled painfully as he fought the Huntress control.

"Ritual? Is that what you call the slaughter of my Hive commander, a ritual?" the Huntress lashed out. Her mind attacked the Elder and he winced in pain, but his resolve did not budge.