Chapter16- Packing.

I awoke from my little nap confused and dazed. My memory was trying to figure out how I had gotten into my bed with different clothes when everything hit me like a ton of bricks. Warren carried me here. I seriously hoped he hadn’t been the one to change me into different clothes and cringed at the thought of him seeing my body; I couldn’t decide if maybe I would have liked him to be pleased or disgusted and move on. I shook away my stupid thoughts and managed to actually get out of my bed before I tripped over a boxy object at the edge of my bed. I grumbled to myself for leaving something there when I realized what it was I had tripped over: my suitcase. Then I remembered Warren’s decision from earlier that day; I had to leave tonight to somewhere I’ve never heard of or should even exist. I felt he blood rush from my limbs and I collapsed right beside the case. Fear coursed through my veins at the thought of leaving to “The Otherworld” and even more so of my father being able to get me again.

My father had been a normal dad for the first couple years of my life and then it was just like something snapped. He started painting twisted images instead of his usual’s and with that came the bad stuff. Every time he didn’t have any money to pay for his bad habits he would go crazy, flipping furniture across rooms and abusing us all. He had a terrible temper and his "love" made it even worse. I had to hide bruises from my friends and would sometimes come home to my mother unconscious on the floor or with broken bones. He would do anything for his fix or something to keep him off the ledge of insanity. Little did he know, he had already jumped and left us at the top, unable to jump alongside him.

I pulled myself out of the time capsule in the back of my mind and locked it behind me. I hadn’t even thought about those things until now and they brought back all the pain with them. I heard footsteps rushing up the stairs and my door swung open with my mother standing behind it. Worry creased her face as she stared down at me. I giggled up to her and a smile cracked the concern that had been pasted on her face lately. She took a few steps towards me and was soon lifting me to my feet and setting my suitcase on the bed. I couldn’t help but notice the few extra seconds she left her hand clasped to the handle before allowing it to fall down to the bed. Without a word she began to empty my favorite outfits from my closet and dressers. I took to her silence and started to grab the things I needed for however long Warren needed to keep me there.

I couldn’t hold in my curiosity any longer so I let the words flow freely from my mouth. “Mom.. I don’t even know what to pack!? Like is it warm or cold there?! Do I pack a winter jacket or just sweaters?? Do I need a special passport ‘cause I don’t think I have one of those.. Or do I? Is this place like a whole other world or like a different dimension because I had a dream and…” I heard her cough from across the room and interrupt my ongoing rant. I laughed awkwardly at how much I had actually just talked and let her speak.

“Paige sweety… This is a whole new world for you isn’t it? You and the boys were far too young to remember it all hey?..” She paused and took a breath as if remembering the past and continued. “To answer your questions… It’s warmer there so no jacket for this time of the year, no passport, they know who Demetr… uh, Warren and I are and it’s another world that mingles with ours and partially in the other dimensions. We have our own clubs, churches and stores that aren’t accessible to normal beings unless they have permission. We exist among the natural world as much as they exist among ours.”

She looked at my somewhat shocked face and turned to continue finding clothes, letting all the information sink in. I brought my jaw back up to its normal angle before seating myself on the bed when I felt the blood rushing away from my legs again. I was beginning to think I would never get used to any of this. I focused myself on the measly tasks at hand and was promptly interrupted by Warren swinging my open door even wider. I could feel the tingling feeling rush into my stomach again with just looking at him and I smiled awkwardly towards him. He returned the smile before clearing his throat and speaking up.

“I know this is a little rushed but we need to leave in ten… You’re in too much danger here... Father Isaac is worried he might be able to reach us.. more importantly you, here.” His smile faded slightly but he quickly brought it back up when I nodded, grinning like an idiot while doing so. I pinched my arm and brought my twitter-pated self back to earth while he stared at me with his crooked grin plastered on his face. I don’t know why I’m such a retard around him but I just lose all composure and he almost makes me feel normal. Not considering the fact that I’m an angel.

A/N I tried really hard for two chapters but was way too busy last night so theres only one! Vote, comment and follow:3.

DONT BE SILENT READERS PLEASE!

Votes:39

Comments: 9

Reads:177

xxKassie