Chapter23- May as Well Ride Around on My Back.

The words still flowed throughout my mind as we finally pulled into the driveway of our Otherworldly home. Spirit Element. It seemed to flow so easily in my mind and but confusion still took over. I knew nothing about this element until today. I hadn’t even known it existed until I apparently used it after allowing the other Elements to leave the Ceremony.

The tiny Faeries greeted us at the doorway us we waited to enter and I waved as one buzzed lightly around the beautiful flowers. She smiled and her razor sharp teeth glimmered back at me. After being her a little over two weeks, I was beginning to get used to the odd little quirks each type of Super had and serrated teeth were just the beginning. I had seen Supers with animal ears, wings of all types and colors of eyes people from the Natural World would die for.

As I stomped up the stairs to find my room I could hear Demetrius walking cautiously behind me. After he heard of my new power he has been watching me even more than usual, which shouldn’t even be possible. By now watching me even more should be classed as riding around on my back for Christ’s sake.

As I reached the last step I stopped dead in my tracks and Demetrius ran smack into my butt. I screamed out in horror as I saw what was laid in front of my now blood splattered door. I felt Demetrius slip one hand around my waist and another over my eyes as he averted me from the scene at the top of the stairs. What I saw could not be erased from my mind.

Right at the entrance of my door was a beautiful Fae woman. Her long blue hair twisted around her pale face and her eyes stared blankly into mine. Her arms and legs were bent at terrible angles and I couldn’t get the horrible pictures out of my mind. Blood was pooled everywhere around her frail body and hand prints of blood traced along my door and walls. I shuddered and coughed as I realized she had had iron wrapped all around her. Her arms, her hands, her legs and head all had separate pieces of dark Iron barbed wire.

 I let the tears flow freely from my eyes as I was carried effortlessly down the stairs and set down on the couch. My mind felt like it was full of glue as people raced around the house. I could see people trying to talk to me. My mother stood in front of me waving her hands but all I could do was stare. I couldn’t hear a word she said as she franticly checked over me while yelling and waving her hands in front of my face. My senses were completely fried and I slumped over on the couch as the scenes played out in front of me.

Demetrius leaned against the counter while making calls to what I assumed were the Guardians and my brothers franticly cleaned the horrific sight upstairs. My mother came to check up on me every once in a while but I just stared blankly at her. I could feel the hundreds of emotions flowing through the muggy air but I couldn’t do a thing to control them. I was useless.

****************

I felt my shoulders being shook be large hands as I snapped back into reality. My mind started to come back to actuality as my eyes stared deep into Demetrius’s. He let a small smile crawl over his lips as he pulled me into a sitting position. I did my best to smile back but I couldn’t feel my lips move.

I faintly heard Demetrius say something about bed as he picked me up bridal style to take me to my room.

My room.

I dug my nails deep into his back and he yelled out and stopped walking. He swung me into a seat by the island as he stared at me with wild eyes. While rubbing his bleeding shoulder he spoke up.

“What Assunta!? You need to go to sleep some and you sure as heck weren’t gunna get off the damned couch to go to bed! Why’d you scratch me?” The anger in his voice sent a pang of pain into my heart and I looked away from his as I spoke with my extremely shaky voice.

“I can’t… I can’t even sleep. I’ve been laying there for four hours and I couldn’t bring myself to sleep! And I sure as heck ain’t going to go sleep up there…” I felt the words clumsily fall out of my mouth as I watched Demetrius’s look of anger change to confusion. He took a few steps towards me before sitting in the chair beside mine. He rubbed his temples and I could hear his breathing change slightly. With his head balanced on his hands, massaging his temples he began to speak, slow and meticulous.

“I… Assunta.. I wasn’t taking you to your room.. I was taking you to mine…”

A/N Hello fellow Wattpadians! Sorry for not having an update sooner! I sprained both of my wrists and it was rather hard to type so I am attempting it all now:P

THE PLOT HAS THICKENED!

Anyways! Read, comment, follow, vote!

Comments: 15

Votes: 51

Reads: 287

xxKassie