Chapter 9.5

God, I'm a horrible person.

The flashback had caught me off guard and reminded me of what happened that day.

Even on the day I left him, I made him cry, and I regretted it as soon as I turned around. I'm sorry. And that's why, I don't care if I lose everything. If I could see you again, please, just once more.

I know it's hard and difficult to come to me. I know you're afraid and don't want to be hurt anymore. It might even be easier to die than to receive your forgiveness, but I can't give up. I can't let go because you never know, someone like you for me, someone like me for you, there won't ever be a friendship like that ever again.

Nobody knows, but we always know. I hope my true feelings can reach you. I hope you'll be happy.

After this time passes, and I only can forget everything, all those memories... those happy memories. I hope I can meet you again, just like before.

I needed to make things up to him. It made sense now, why he couldn't believe me before. I never said anything. I left with no explanation, but I guess that's just how I do things because now, I'm coming back with no explanation.

Finally, I was on my flight. I sat on the outside seat in a row close to the back. I kept the window open and stared down at the land below me. Goodbye Canada, goodbye for now.