5

"George Bembridge... in eighteen-sixty...Hmm. 1865 was... was... Oh, for heaven's sake, girl, it wasn't that good of a kiss anyway."

Evelyn , wearing a nightgown, stood in front of a mirror. She gave her head a good shake, letting her hair fall loose over her bare shoulders. Then she turned around, right there was one of the Medjai. It was Hook. He slammed his hand over her mouth and lifts up his hook, ready to strike.

"Where is the map?"

Evelyn's terrified eyes glanced down.

"It's... It's there..."

Hook looked over, saw the map lying next to a flickering candle on a nearby table.

"And the key? Where is the key?"

Evelyn's eyes look confused. She shakes her head.

"The key? What key?"

Hook grinned.

"Then I'll find it myself."

He cocked his hook, about to kill her. And that's when the door is kicked open. O'Connell bursted in, gun in each hand.

"Evelyn!"

Hook spins Evelyn around and holds her out in front of him. O'Connell looks at her.

"Friend of yours?"

Evelyn's eyes widen. And that's when the candle on the table flickers. O'Connel spins around just as a window bursts open. A Medjai leans in and fires a gun. Woodchips blast off the wall next to O'Connell's
head and he returns the fire and kills the Medjai which Mumia fell back, firing blindly. A lantern in the room is blasted. Kerosene splashed across the wall that bursted into flames. Evelyn grabs the candle on the table and jams it back over her shoulder, right into Hook's eye. He screeched in pain and lets her go. O'Connell grabs her and yanks her out of the flaming room. O'Connell pulls Evelyn down the hall, she tries to jerk free.

"The map! The map! I forgot the map!"

He shoves her up against a wall.

"Relax! I'm the map! It's all up here."

He taps his forehead.

"Oh that's comforting."

O'Connell gives her a look, then pulls her forward.

"C'mon, there's still one more of those guys around here somewhere."

Hot melted wax covers Hook's face as he held his sore eye and struggled to the door. Then he noticed the key/box on the floor.

"The key!"

He bends over to pick it up. And that's when the door was kicked open again, it hits him in the ass and knocks him into the fire. Jonathan leans in. Sees nothing but flames.

"EVY?!"

Then he sees the key/box on the floor and picks it up. A hand suddenly snatches the key/box away from him.

"Hey that's mine..."

Hook's backside is now on fire. He lifts his pistol. Jonathan quickly backpedals out the door as Hook opens fire.

O'Connell and Evelyn race out onto the deck near the horse paddock. People are screaming and shouting, lots of panic. BLAM! A chunk of the wall is blown off next to Evelyn's head. O'Connell pivots and fires back. It's the another Medjai, on the other side of the paddock. He and O'Connell exchange gunfire. Another lantern bursts into flames. O'Connell shoots off the paddock lock. The horses go nuts. O'Connell fires over their heads. They charge forward and crash through the door. The Medjai screamed as the horses stampede over him. flames sweep up the walls and race across the roof. Half the barge is now on fire. O'Connell throws the gunny-sack over his shoulder.