A Surprise Visit.

Another drop. Another. Sandra lay on her bed counting the drops of water dripping

from the sloping roof outside her bedroom window, when a voice suddenly called out,

"San! Look who's here!".

Sandra lazily got up from bed, dragged herself towards her secret peephole, behind her cupboard, and peeped to see who might have come.

She groaned in dismay. It was Grandma. She had no enmity towards the old lady but she wouldn't let Sandra be who she is!

Sandra had spent a lot of days in grandma's house in Christmas vacations when she had been a toddler. But now, things had changed.

Nevertheless, Sandra rushed downstairs and hugged grandma with a smile, "Hey grandma."

"Hello young lady.", replied grandma a little surprised by Sandra's gentle hug. "It seems you have turned a little ladylike. But, can't deny though, I do miss those bear hugs."

"Sure, you do grandma.", Sandra replied with a laugh.

As soon as grandma got into her room, Sandra looked at her mom and gave "THE" expression.

"Come on, Sandra, she has been so sweet to you-", her mother went to say on, but was cut off by Sandra- "TILL NOW. Later she is just gonna keep on saying- 'DO THIS' and 'DO THAT' and my holidays are going to be plumb ruined!"

"Sandra, you can't help it. Grandma was brought up in the Victorian atmosphere. And in those days, I'm pretty sure girls weren't allowed to be like girls now, they weren't allowed to be like YOU!".

"So, I'm the one at fault here. Great!", Sandra said, rolling her eyes, acting like she didn't care but secretly hurt inside.

Sandra ran upstairs, into her room and banged the door shut.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys this is the first chapter. So, hope you guys liked it. Please do comment about your views.