A Dream

Disclaimer: I do not own The Hunger Games.

Enjoy! :)

Chapter 1:  A Dream

Katniss's POV

All I remember was a girl falling into an endless pit. At first, everything was kind of hazy. Then, everything went pitch black. While she was falling, different scenes flash out of the darkness. First, there was this scene of a mine explosion, and then came another girl lying on a bed of flowers in a forest. Next, a sort of underground building appeared. And lots of the sort kept on flashing and flashing. It was so silent that only thing I could hear was the racing heartbeat of the girl. She made soft shrieks and horrible screams as she saw all of these. She was on the verge of tears. I wanted to comfort her. Still more, I have no idea where I was. But there is this one thing that really puzzled me. The last one that showed up was a bright yellow dandelion. It moved closer to the falling girl. Then, I realized that the dandelion is real, that the girl can touch it.

She lifted her hand and motioned to touch it. The very moment she touched it, she finally stopped falling and found herself standing beside a fully-grown tree on a grassy field. The sun shone above her. Beyond that, nothing more. Rays of sunlight glinted on her hair. I, myself, can tell that it is spring judging by the wind, the scent of the air which smells so fresh and ripe.

The girl leaned her back on the tree for support and whistled a very familiar four-note tune. The birds perched on the tree followed suit. Music filled the air. The girl smiled but her smile vanished in no time when she saw the dandelion at her feet. She slid her back on the tree and sat on the soft grass which felt like it was newly mowed. She spread her hands onto the grass and played with some of it with her fingers.

The girl stared at the dandelion in reverie. Then she noticed something at her right. Something small came sprouting out of the earth. The same thing happened on her left. The next thing she knew, she was surrounded by a great heap of glowing dandelions. She was like sitting on a great big and fluffy yellow cushion under the shade of a tree. It was the very first time I saw her smile and laugh.

Then, she hadn't noticed that someone was already walking in front of her. Careful with his steps, it was a boy, I could say. He, too, has a face that I think I have seen before, I don't know where or when. I definitely had or have strong feelings for that boy. I don't know. I just haven't figured out if it's positive or negative.

The girl hadn't had the chance to look up to the boy standing in front of her since she was too busy with the dandelions. The boy was just staring down at her. The view was starting to get blurry. I have to squint to see through the mist. The boy made a sound. He has spoken a word. But it was so soft. It was a whisper.

That's when I woke up.

Please comment! :)

Thank you!