Choco Madness

Hope you like it! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: Choco Madness

Peeta's POV

It's been a long time since I held her hand. Holding her hand right now feels like everything is alright, like nothing is ever wrong, like we're perfectly safe and sound.

We went out of her bedroom and straight towards the top of the staircase. I stopped and faced her.

"I have to carry you," I said.

"I'm okay," she replied and made a step forward.

I blocked her from the staircase.

"No. I insist."

She sighed and flung her arm around the back of my neck. I stretched my arm behind her legs and scooped her up. Honestly, she's not any heavier than the sacks of flour I used to lift.

Carefully, we descended the stairs. While going down, I kind of steal glances of her face. I think she quite noticed it. Her face turned crimson red. I laughed. We reached the bottom of the staircase.

"You're blushing!" she teased.

I was surprised to hear that because she was the one who was blushing. Or was it only her?

"You're just heavy that's why I get all pink." I answered.

Brilliant Peeta, I thought. What a great answer!

I looked at her while I put her down. She yawned a little and I find it cute. She scanned the whole floor. Being asleep for days, she most likely had forgotten the condition of her house. She looked at the left, where the living room was. Next, she faced straight forward and found the foyer. Then, she turned right and spotted something on the dining room table.

"Is that… Is that a..." she stuttered.

I forgot to tell her about the…

"…cake?" she finished, making a run for the table.

She smiled. She glowed at the sight of my cake. And it's nice to know that.

"Chocolate cake!" I replied with a smile. I was pretty proud of myself. It did look gorgeous, so as her.

Once her hands clasped the edge of the table, she turned her head to me. I moved towards her.

"Please! I'm kinda hungry after 3 days of no food," she started pleading.

"Let's see. Well, don't say you didn't have anything to eat on those days. Actually, you left those cheese buns untouched, Ms. Everdeen." I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

As I answered her, I hadn't noticed that she was stroking some lines like drawing something on the chocolate icing with her finger. The moment I saw this, she was already sucking her chocolate coated finger and getting a piece of the cake with her other hand.

I stood beside her and looked at the cake. She was gobbling the edge of the cake.

"Now it's…"

I was supposed to say "ruined" but now I saw what she was stroking all over the cake awhile ago. She wrote the words "Thank you Peeta" with her finger. I smiled. I looked at her for a moment. Her hands were full of chocolate. I bent down to her slowly and gently touched his forehead with my lips. I kissed her on the forehead. I couldn't resist…