Sunflowers

I walked into my bedroom, followed in suit by a girl in pastel rainbows and round glasses. We were holding hands. She asked me if I could trust her and I said yes. Then she asked if she could trust me and I said that was up to her.

The next day we were walking hand in hand in a field of sunflowers that were still bellow our waists. We laughed and talked about our plans. We talked about our past. We talked about everything. Suddenly there was a widespread fire coming for us through the field. It moved faster than I thought we could. She fell to the floor coughing, unable to move, so I picked her up onto my back and ran out of the field as fast as I could. I placed her down in the car and found the keys in her pocket. I called 911 as we drove away from the scene.

A couple of weeks later we were sitting in my bed around 11 P.M., just talked as usual, but cuddling as well.

"Thank you for saving me," she said. I looked at her confused, we hadn1t talk about it since she was in the hospital.

"I don't know what else I could've done."

"Now I know I can trust you." She got on top of me and slowly kissed down my body.

"What are you-"

"Relax. I've got you." She slowly stuck her head between my legs.

I had never felt better.