Elevator

My mom and I were staying in a grand hotel for a theater convention that would last for 4 days. We arrived in my mom's old blue Taurus in front of a magical palace that this town tried to push off as a hotel. We jump out of the car and give the keys to the complementary valley service. The bellhops unloaded our things as we went inside to check in. We were wearing jeans and T-Shirts while everyone else was in with Tux's and gowns. I wasn't embarrassed though. In fact, when they look in my direction I just smiled and carried on. My mother went to check in while I explored the lobby. It must've been 3 times the size of my house alone. There was a waterfall, piano, palace stairs, and so many people to talk to, but I became interested in the two elevators by the check-in desk. There was nothing special about them; older, golden, simple. But for some reason, I became enthralled with them.

"Pretty right?" A black girl with two puffs of hair, a gorgeous smile, and wearing jeans and T-Shirt as well asked.

"Yeah."

"They're simple, different from the rest of this place. Kinda like us." I look at her and she smiles. "I'm Melody, you?

"Chelsea. Are we the only normal ones here?"

"No. But most of the normies like us pretend to be someone their not on the first day. Kind of set a hierarchy of prissiness." We laughed and pressed the button for the elevator.

"So Melody, what brings you to this convention?"

"A One Act and a Solo Musical. You?"

"Solo Musical and Scholarship." The elevator arrived and we hopped on, going to explore the top floor. Halfway through we felt a thud and the elevator began to wiggle slightly, I heard footsteps above us. I looked at Melody and held my fingers to my lips. Whoever was up there couldn't know we were down here. For what seemed like hours we waited in silence for us to reach the top. As soon as those doors opened we ran out and down the stairs. We ran down the 74 flights of stairs with ease and straight up to the front desk in agony. We couldn't get out a single word because of our heavy breathing.

"S-Someone is in the e-elevator," I panted out.

"That's kind of what people do," the workers laughed.

"No. No. On TOP of the elevator," They laughed more, not believing us. The shooed us away to our parents.

I turned away feeling defeated, and that's when the elevator doors opened. Melody and I started towards the top as a pair of red eyes stared back and a sinister smile appeared on the figure's face.