Nuclear War

I was living in dorms with my mom, my boyfriend, and my group of college buddies. The dorms are basically two big buildings across the street from a gigantic football field. Its sunset when Korea sent their bombs. They landed on our football fields. Luckily, we were inside the dorms behind one of the strongest walls so we didn't die. Some people definitely did though; burned off their skin and shit and we just saw piles of bones where they were standing. 

Somehow the field was containing the radiation from the bombs, but if you made one wrong move near the field everyone would die.

Anyway, the blast destroyed most of the dorms and we were way too close to the bombs for comfort. Because of this, we all had to move across town to random hotels. But we had to move NOW. 

People were rioting, looting, running, etc. Hotels filled up instantly but luckily I sweet talked an attendant to give my friends and I one of the ballrooms and some cots. Living with friends in these life or death circumstances is... awful. I fought with everyone to the point where I would rather go live my life by myself instead. Even my best friend had a bone to pick with me because I was "bossy". 

We were all in a huge fight when all of a sudden the sky changed. A jagged hole appeared in the sky with a neon green outline and you could see space through it. It was a hole in our atmosphere. Everybody went silent. The sun was approaching the hole. We were going to die. I screamed that I loved everyone there with my entire heart just as the sun reached the opening. The heat came pouring into our world. I was expecting an instantaneous fire. But no.

I walked outside in the boiling heat and blinding sun that seemed to have no effect on anyone there including myself. And I find that the football field is the only thing on fire. Well, and down the road about a mile away in every direction of the intersection. We were in a weird donut shaped protection. The sun passed and eventually, the fires did too.I went back inside and we sat there stunned just looking at each other. That's when Caleb, my boyfriend, grabbed me and just held me really tight for a while. Then he whispered in my ear that he knew why we were spared. We pulled away and he took me outside to walk by the field hand in hand so he could tell me why.

(AND THAT'S FUCKING IT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I WOKE UP AFTER THAT)