14 - Liar

Maanika gasps in shock and horror.
"Seriously? Are you sure it is really what's happening? Why, he seems so innocent and nice though. I can die if I were you! That bastard needs a lesson, a... disciplinary action, what do you think, hmm?" Maanika stares at her in sympathy. She faces the floor with her lifeless eyes. That is the worst respond the counselor could possibly think of.
"I don't know, but yes. The moment I saw him and that harlot, I wanted to retch." It sounds so rebellious but it's a lie, and Maanika knows that.

"Stop telling lies, Advika. All the girls would never think to throw up the moment they discover their men cheats on them. They would grow full of rage and jealousy, and not even to just try and seek for the woman's face so they could throw up at the ugly poor-looking whore." She says, pouring her mistress a cup of chai to calm her down. Advika sighs. She found it out.
"What do you think I should do in order to give Aarav a lesson?" She asks her. She really needs help and suggestion right now. She have nothing to doubt about the fact that she still love him, and nothing about that feeling had changed even after she found the hurting secret.

"Something that's sarcastic, devious, strategic, meaningful, and chaffing. Something that... can keep him away from that slut and make him feel guilty. But I should ask you first, just in case if he comes back to you... will you still take him?"
"My feelings remain unchanged to him just like a scribe's decision; my arms are always open wide full of warm welcomes for him." Anika smiles to that answer. She can feel the strong bond between them, and she's sure that all this problems are just misunderstandings. She had also grown up in the same village they did, and knew Aarav for her whole life.

She knows that it's nearly impossible for him to do such things; unless he's possessed by some dark evil spirits, which is crazy to think and imagine about, or just a simple most common thing that may cause misinterpretations... he was forced.
"Via, I can see for sure that this is just a misunderstanding. Now, forget all that I said; go and find him, and speak openly to him. Quick, don't waste a second and no need to talk back to me." She pushes her out from the room, forgetting Advika's position as a queen of the kingdom. So, following her counselor's advice, she finds the man she still loves.

- - -

"Aarav Acharya," His boss calls out to him. In a serious and formal expression, he approaches his master in politeness.
"The CCTV recording..." His heart leaps out of his chest in an instance. Damn, he didn't think one bit about the cameras surrounding the building! What if they took the picture of what the moll did to him just now? It could cause misunderstanding, he thinks with his super frustated mind.
"... it shows that the queen Advika Devi visited this building at around lunch break time, and ran away histerically, crying and sobbing after she saw something that the camera doesn't see at the end of the corridor leading to your office room."

WHAT?! For goodness' sake, it caused misunderstandings already.
"Do you have any good explanation to make me sure that everything's alright?" The boss manager asks him in an emotionless voice. Aarav shakes his head.
"I'm sorry sir, I got to go and finish this problem first. I promise to tell you everything tomorrow, soon as possible." And lo, he runs to the exit and go home.

- - -

His car parks at his family's new home's garage, when he spots the familiar figure standing by the main entrance door. With a racing heart, he quickly gets off the car and approaches her, without remembering to turn the car's machine off first. Honestly, she is surprised that he knew in an instance why is she here.
"Advika, I know you saw me doing inappropriate things with a stupid lady back there, and I really hope you won't get mad and want to spend some of your precious times hearing my explanation. This is just a misunderstanding, I can promise you that!" He goes on and on.

To his very incredibly surprise, she laughs casually. He thought it's a chaff or a mock, so he puts up a pleading expression.
"Please, Kaa." He begs, and her laughter goes louder and bigger. He frowns.
"I knew it was, Raa." She says, and he gets confused.
"But you cried and sobbed and ran out of my office building..." He said a statement that's meant to be a question. She lets out another little laughter.
"I was disappointed and misinterpreted all the things I saw back there, yes."

"But with the help of the amazing lady that have known you for forever, that said it's impossible for you to have a minx to date behind me, I opened my mind a bit by bit and try to forget and forgive any bad thoughts I had on you. Say thanks to my great counselor, who was once a minx like that crazy girl kissing you back there."
He doesn't really know what to say, to think, or to feel. He's really happy and gone a little nostalgic, remembering the old days of Maanika when she's just a seducer like the lusty lady at his office.

"But by the way, I'm still quite interested to hear the whole real story from you. Tell it, Raa." She persuades him.
"Alright, alright. But I'd shut my car down first. I won't let the machine head gets burnt and my gasoline tank empty tomorrow." He laughs and gets into his car. She follows with another cute laughter of her, which is one of the best thing of Kaa that he likes.

- - -

"So, do you ever know who that lady is?" Advika inquires after he's done with the real story telling. He shakes his head.
"No, but I think I ever see her in our office. I think she works in that same office as mine."
"God, it's humiliating! You must really tell your boss that there's this worker that's an office worker by day and nightwalker by night!" She crams her opinion to the end of his statement. He laughs.
"Are you so jealous?" She pinches him by his arm.

"What would you feel if you were to give me my lunch, sneak up to my room and find me kissing with a man?" She asks, sarcastically.
"You wouldn't want to know what will I do next, princess." She chuckles to his reply.
"By the way, how's your day at the office?" She asks, changing the conversation into a new chatting topic.
"Bad," He frowns.
"Why?"

"Anyone who had been kissed by an unwanted woman in the lip would surely have a bad day," He answers, more to a joke. And she loves it.
"How's yours at the castle?" He asks back to her.
"Bad, too." She frowns just like what he did.
"And, why is that?" He asks with a grinning smile, trying to cheer her up.
"Anyone who had seen her boyfriend being kissed by a wanton in the lip would surely have a bad day," She jokes back dramatically, and in an instance he knows that she was just playing.

They laugh together, forgetting the place they're privately talking together at, which is right in front of the Acharyas' house.
An old lady opens the door, making them surprised.
"Aarav, what are you doing outside of the hou-" She stops talking when her pair of eyes catches the figure of their honorable young new queen.
"Wow, you bring your fiancée here again. What are you up to this time?" Aarav laughs.
"I didn't brought her, she came here all by herself," He teases Advika that's blushing.

"Anyway, are you still my fiancée? I mean... you don't take the ring off when you're super frustrated back there?" He asks in surprise, glancing at the silver ring with a diamond planted on it that's still enlacing her ring finger.
"I cried and shouted; I was too angry that I don't even think about the small accessories on my finger." She says casually after she laughed. He smiles.
"Good, I spent a lot for the ring I'm glad you'd still appreciate it." He says in his cool and calm voice.
"You guys, let's go inside. It's not good outside." Aarav's mom drags them in.

Aarav smiles as wide as he can, so Advika does. She waves timidly to the family members.
"Aarav, what are you up to with Vika this time?" His father asks.
"Umm... nothing, pitā. Eh, ugh, she's just coming over for... a... visit," He stammers.
The answer did not quite satisfy his father and instead makes him think that there is something that he's hiding. He frowns.
"Well, honestly... fine. There is something I want to do. This is just a sudden idea, but I do think this is a good idea. I just can't stand having to pend this any longer, though."

To Be Continued...

AN: What is he up to? Anyone can guess? ;)

Stay tuned to find out!

Until Next Time,

Ann Toussant.