[1] - New Home, New Life

SKYLAR'S POV

I held my breath, there it was... right in front of me. My dream home, and by 'right in front of me' I mean a picture on my phone. No, I didn't buy the house, but more than anything I wanted to. For the reason why I was holding my breath... Well, let's just say, that I was sitting in a moving truck with my mom, on a road trip, from Washington to California.

L.A., where I was gonna live from now on, alone... My mom was only here because she wanted to help settle me into my NEW L.A. apartment... And sadly not the dream house I'd been staring at for the past hour.

"You okay Sky?" My mom asked in a caring voice.

"Just a little nervous about living on my own, and you still living in Washington... Other than that, I'm great!" I replied half-sarcastically.

My mom laughed, I looked back at my phone, that was still on the picture of that gorgeous house. My phone started BLOWING up with 'goodbye' texts, and the reason for this was, because I didn't tell anyone I was moving to California right in the middle of high school. Well, except for my mom.

As for my dad, I would've told him if he wasn't SO busy with his new family. In a way you could say that I really did not care, he left the picture when I was about, three years old, and would visit maybe once or twice a year.

A couple hours later, we arrived at the apartment, that I was gonna live at. My mom waited in the moving truck, while I got the apartment keys.

"Excuse me?" I said politely,

"Yes?" The woman at the desk questioned.

"I'm Skylar Tee, I'm moving into the new apartment..."

"Oh! Yes, of course." She smiled grabbing the keys.

"Boy are you in for a surprise, I think you're going to love your neighbors." She said with a wink, while handing me the keys.

I chuckled, because I thought she was joking... but what did she mean by 'in for a treat'? I walked back outside to my mom in the moving truck, while I still weirded out by the lady's comment.

"Hey mom, before we move anything from the truck. Do you think it'd be okay if we checked out the place first?" I asked jingling the keys in between my fingers.

"Sure." She said with a smile.

We walked inside together and took the elevator up to the third floor,

"Okay I'm apartment 304." I informed my mom.

The elevator dinged, and the door opened. We started walking down the hall looking on both sides for 304.

"I found it." I exclaimed, pointing at the maroon door.

I put my key into the door's lock, and the door slowly unlocked. I felt like I was in a movie, where it was all in slow motion, I sighed as the door completely opened. It wasn't that big, just the essentials: kitchen, living room area, bedroom, a coat closet, bathroom, and a balcony. Like I said it wasn't much, but it was affordable to a 16 year old girl in L.A.

"Excuse me?" A voice said behind us.

The voice scared me enough to turn around, really fast. As I looked at the person behind the voice, it was another slow-mo moment. I turned to see a hot guy near my age. He was tall and wore a blue tank top, black basketball shorts, socks with sandals, and a white SnapBack.

"Hi." I muttered, looking into his brown eyes, which made me feel weak. I was in awe, I never thought I'd ever feel like this, EVER. Especially, not by a guy that I had barley known.

"Wait... Are you the new neighbor?" He asked smiling.

"Yeah, I am." I said quietly.

"Well I live next door, I'm Ethan." He said holding his hand out for a handshake. I took it, then he shook my mom's hand.

"I'm Skylar, and this is my mom, Marie Tee."

"Nice to meet you Skylar and Mrs. Tee."

"Please Marie, is fine." My mom laughed.

"Alright." He chuckled, "Well let me know if you need anything. My bro and I live in 305, so don't hesitate to just knock if you need anything." He smiled.

"Thanks, bu--" I started

"Well since you offered, we could really use the help moving furniture up into the apartment." My mom interrupted.

"Okay cool, I'll be back to get my bro to help." Ethan smirked.

There was two of him?! I think I'm in heaven...

"Wait, since when did we need help?" I questioned quietly, scared Ethan was gonna hear me.

"Since I saw the way you looked at him. Not to mention we'll be able to move faster with four people." She whispered back.

"Skylar and Mrs-- I mean Marie, this is my brother, Grayson." Ethan said, introducing us.

Grayson was as hot as Ethan, and I definitely could tell they were twins. The main difference between them was that Grayson was about an inch taller than Ethan.

"Gray, this is Skylar, and her mom Marie." Ethan finished.

"Nice to meet you guys." Grayson said smiling and shaking our hands.

Just as the front desk lady
said, this was something...

-------------------------------------------
Well I hope you guys enjoyed this short-ish chapter. I promise the next chapter will be longer!

Please feel free to leave comments on any grammar mistakes, interesting things, funny things, etc.

Thanks for reading!!!

Love you guys.

From,
The random girl who wrote this fanfic