[12] - Good Enough

Last time on Loved:

ETHAN'S POV

"I think we should break up."

She started to cry.

"I don't get it why?" I was standing up now, "Was it something I did? Or what? Skylar what did I do to deserve this?"

She cried harder,

"Don't be mad." She said through tears.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I scoffed.

This time on Loved:

SKYLAR'S POV

Ethan had left, and it was too complicated for me to explain why I couldn't be with him. Without hurting him more...

*flashback*

Matt dragged me to my apartment door.

"Open it." He demanded.

I was shaking as I tried to get the right key, for my door.

"Hurry."

Finally I got the right key, I put it in the lock, and unlocked it. I tried to open the door and slam it in his face. I failed and I made him more angry, he caught hold of my arm.

"What are you trying to do Sky? Get rid of me, because that's not going to happen."

He threw a left hook at me, and I fell to the ground, again. My temple was throbbing, where he hit me. He did it again, except on the right. I felt my head spin, and I was getting a headache. I struggled to get away,

"Please, Matt." I said,

He kicked my right side of my rib cage, and I winced. I was still trying to get away, as he kicked my back. I could hear something crack in my back, and I hoped he hadn't broken any of my bones.

"Agh!" I screamed,

He picked me up, and slammed me against the wall. My feet weren't touching the ground, so my face was right at his level.

"This time no one is here to save you, not even your little boyfriend of yours."

I cried.

"Please, let me go."

He threw me to the floor

"Be careful of your words love." He said, and laughed.

I felt weak, emotionally and physically. I put my arm on the ground, trying to lift myself up off the floor. But once my arm had any pressure on it, my arm would collapse, making me still on the ground. He laughed again,

This is amusing to him? What a creep. I tried again, I still fell. This made him laugh harder, and it made me cry harder, from the pain. He then kicked my butt, and I fell to the ground, face first.

"Look at me!" He yelled,

I looked at him slowly,

"Don't you EVER call the cops again, do you hear me?"

I was silent,

"Answer me!"

I nodded, and he laughed.

"Now I want you to break up with that boyfriend of yours, because I'm the only one for you. It's either me or no one, because you're not good enough for him, you hear me? You'll never be good enough!"

I cried, and he grabbed my face hard, and pulled me up.

"And if you don't, I'll be back, for Ethan."

He slammed me to the ground, and my head hit the ground. I got dizzy, and Matt walked out the door, calm as ever. I tried to get up, but the back of my head was bleeding. I saw someone come close, he looked like Ethan.

"Ethan..." I said, my voice trailed off, as I was knocked out.

*end of flashback*

I cried, Matt was right I wasn't good enough for Ethan. I was only going to hurt him...

ETHAN'S POV

What did I do wrong? I visited her every day in that hospital. I was dating her for months. What did I need to do to prove to her that we need to be together. She doesn't mean it, she doesn't want to break up with me. She couldn't mean it, could she?

GRAYSON'S POV

I came into the hospital and I looked at Ethan, he looked heart broken. He still had that ring in his hand.

"Hey E! How'd it go?" I asked, knowing how it really went. Just by how he appeared,

"She said, that we needed to..."

He took a shaky breath.

"That we needed to break up."

"What?" I asked sternly.

What is going on? I know for a fact that she loved him, and I think coming here every day for three months showed how much he cared for her. I left Ethan, and went to Skylar's' room. I opened the door,

"What's wrong with you?" I yelled.

I looked at her, and she looked just as heartbroken as Ethan, maybe even more.

"Why are you yelling at me?" She said sadly.

"What's going on Sky? I don't get it, I know you love him, and I think you know how much he cares about you. I mean for petes sake, he proposed to you!"

"I-I can't be with him. I'm not good enough, I will never be good enough."

"What? Who fed you those lies, I've never met a couple as perfect as you two."

She looked at me,

"I will never be good enough."

I walked over to her and gave her a hug,

"I don't believe that for a second, and I know Ethan doesn't believe that either. Now, tell me, who told you that?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"Be-because he will kill Ethan, my mom, and you. Then finally me, or anyone else in his way."

"Who?"

She looked at me, dead serious.

"I can't say."

She still had some bruises on her face, and she had dark bags under her eyes, her nose was red, and her cheeks were still wet from crying. I think I know who she was talking about,

"I thought he was in jail."

"He got bailed, someone else is working with him."

"I'm going to the police."

I was about to leave, but she grabbed my arm.

"So he can get bailed again? So he can hurt Ethan more than I have? So my mom can get hurt? So you can get hurt? If you say something to the police, he will not stop with just my family, then all of my friends, then it will come to a point where there is no one. And I will die, not by his hands, but by my own. I wouldn't be able to live with myself, knowing I'm the reason you guys are dead."

"Don't say that, we won't die, we'll always be by your side."

I hugged her tightly,

"You're not safe, not around me. I think we shouldn't be friends anymore."

"Don't say that Sky, you don't mean that."

"But, I do."

-------------------------------------------

This was the last chapter of the book. I hoped you have enjoyed this book, and I'm debating on making a second one? I don't know, but thank you for reading this!

Love you guys so much.

Love,

The random girl who wrote this fanfic