[8] - A Night of a Lifetime

Last time on Loved:

"You're right, there's not going to be a next time."

This time on Loved:

SKYLAR'S POV

A month had past...

I was still dating Ethan, I mean he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend or anything. I'm pretty sure it was implied with how much work he puts into the relationship. I finally felt safe in my own apartment, I still lived in the same apartment. Not to mention, my apartment is finally fully furnished. Ethan and Grayson were still living next to me. I hadn't heard from Matt since last month, but I was waiting for it. I also still hadn't done anything with the information about my dad, that Ethan had given me. Honestly, it made me nauseous, whenever I thought about the situation now.

I now found myself standing in my closet, Ethan was picking me up in an hour. I decided on a black crop top, jean shorts, and black converse with white laces. I put my hair in a simple side braid, at that moment I heard a knock at the door. I skipped to the door, I was really excited to hangout with Ethan. It was funny, every time I hung out with Ethan, I was really happy. But I hung out with him, almost every other day, and he is my neighbor. I opened the door,

"Are you ready..." he said, looking at the ground, but his voice trailed off when he looked into my eyes.

"Yeah." I said holding in a laugh,

He pulled his hand out from behind his back, and a dozen red roses were revealed.

"I was going to the store, trying to think of what to get for a beautiful girl. Then I thought, 'beautiful flowers, for a beautiful girl'."

I blushed,

"Thank you." I said taking the flowers from him, I then went back inside, and put them in a vase.

When I came back to the door he had his hand out, I took it. We held hands while going downstairs, occasionally I would catch him looking at me. Sometimes, I didn't know who was catching who. I was smiling,

I am so crazy about this boy...

He opened the door to his truck for me,

"Thanks." I said,

"Anything for my princess." He smiled.

My heart fluttered when he called me princess. Something seemed different about Ethan, I couldn't put my finger on what was different.

"So... where are we going?" I said, hoping to get an answer out of him.

"A special place." He replied,

I shook my head, I knew me asking wasn't going to do anything, but it was worth a shot. We sat there in silence for a while, he then grabbed my hand.

"I love you." He said smiling,

I was dying inside, from happiness.

"Love you too, Eth." I said looking at him.

A little while later...

"Ethan?" I looked at him while saying this,

"Yes, darling?"

Darling? He never calls me that... but I still liked it.

I tried not to laugh,

"I just realized, we don't have a song."

"Hmm, a song?"

"Yeah, ya know like every other cheesy couple out there."

"If it's a song you want, a song you'll get."

We both sat there thinking.

"Ya know what?"

"What?"

"The day I met you, I was in my car when a song came on. Do you know what it was? 'Lights Down Low' by MAX (note: not the remix, the original. It's a perfect song for them!). And anyways, I just thought to myself, 'I wish I had a girl like this in my life, that could drive me crazy in love.' And I met you, only a few minutes after."

I smiled, and looked it up on YouTube. I put the connected my phone to the aux cord, clicked on the video,

'Heaven only knows where you've been... I don't even really need to know '

We listened to the song until he stopped the car,

I walked out the truck, at this point, it was pretty dark out. It wasn't dark enough to see that there was a yacht, that he was taking me to. He held out his hand once he got on the yacht, I took it and we started moving.

"Who's driving?" I asked,

"It's just Grayson, but he can't see or hear is. So don't worry this is still our moment."

I smiled, he took my to a place on the yacht, where he had set out a blanket. The blanket had two plates of spaghetti, there was bread, and the whole thing was candle lit. I looked at the set up, it was so pretty. We both got to the blanket and sat down.

An hour later we finished our dinner, he moved everything off the blanket and he laid looking at the stars. I laid down, cuddling him while looking at the stars.

"This feels familiar." He said smirking,

I knew he was referencing to the night I stayed in the warehouse.

Flashback:

I shrugged, he then lead me to some secret staircase that lead to the roof of the warehouse. You could see all the stars, and they were gorgeous.

I looked at the roof, it wasn't much, but I saw that Ethan had laid out a blanket for us to lay down. He took my hand, and lead me to the blanket. I was still tired, but I was awake. He laid on the blanket, and stared up at the stars. I joined him, and he didn't seem to mind that I was basically snuggling in his arms.

End of flashback.

I didn't know how long we were laying there, but out of nowhere, he gets up.

"I'll be back." He said kissing my forehead.

"Don't be to long." I said, quickly squeezing his hand, before he left.

A few moments later I heard our song play, throughout the yacht. I then saw Ethan, walking towards me. I was still laying down, when his head came into sight above me.

"May I have this dance?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Of course." I said getting up,

We started dancing, he held me close. His arms were around my waist, and arms were wrapped around his neck. We swayed to the music,

'Oh, turn the lights, turn the lights  down low. Yeah, now I'm feeling you breathing slow.'

He then spun me, took me back into his arms, and dipped me.

"I know I haven't asked you yet... but I'm asking now. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked,

"Of course." I said leaning in to kiss him,

Our faces inches apart,

"I'm just sorry I took so long."

"For you, I would've waited a lifetime."

-------------------------------------------
This might've been, one of either the best or cheesiest chapters ever! I still loved writing it!

Love you guys so much!

Love,
The random girl who wrote this fanfic