1

~Hye Jin's POV~

"Suction."

"Here."

"Nurse Kim, can you stitch him up?"

"Yes, doctor."

.

.

.

I walked out of the operation room and took off my mask, gloves and gown. I wiped my sweaty brow and cracked my neck back. It felt refreshing after looking down at the patient for so long.

"Ah, Doctor Choi, how did the surgery go?" the CEO asked, as he walked towards me.

"It went well, sir," I slightly nodded and started to walk away.

"Choi Hye Jin," he spoke my full name.

"Ne," I answered, turning to look at him.

"Be more friendly towards your colleagues," he said, surprising me. "You have been through a lot, I know, but that can't excuse the fact that I've been hearing complaints every week now," he added.

"I have never given them a reason to talk to me. Why should I take the blame for their faults?" I bowed out of respect, turned and exited, leaving him dumbfounded.

~

"Minji-ah, let's go for ice cream!" I squealed and wrapped my arm around her. I looked to her, only to see her face turn sickly pale grey.

"Minji-ah, what's wrong?"

~

I walked into the staff room, ready to call it a day. I slipped on proper shoes, and headed up towards the car park.

I was making my way across a black and white striped bitumen, when I was forced to come to an abrupt stop as a car sped past. It broke hard, but not before it would have hit me.

Beep!

The car honked its horn. The nerve of some drivers. They were the ones who broke the law, not me.

"What the hell? It's a crossing!" I yelled at the car. I watched, fuming, as the man in the car rolled down his window.

"Sorry," he apologised.

"Watch it next time!" I said, before proceeding towards my car. Seeing where I parked, I walked over and got in. I started the engine and began driving, but almost as soon as I pulled out onto the road and started driving, there was a car accident in the middle of the road.

"Aish, I haven't even gotten halfway home yet," I groaned. I decided to park on the side of the street and help the drivers.

"Excuse me, please let me through," I tried waded through the crowd to see if the accident was fatal or not. When I finally managed to reach the other side of the crowd, I quickly ran to the policeman blocking the roads.

"Are they in critical conditions?" I asked him. He gave me an exasperated look.

"Excuse me miss, but you're not allowed here. This area is restricted," he replied in a bored voice, as if this was some public announcement he had repeated over a thousand times. He tried to push me away.

"I'm a doctor. I can help," I pull out my ID card for proof. The police officer straightened.

"Alright, please come this way," he led the way.

"Do you have a little flashlight or anything similar?" I asked. The police officer's hand moved quickly to his shirt pocket.

"Here," he handed me a small flashlight. Not ideal, but it would work. I checked the person's pulse and opened their eyelids to test their response with the flashlight.