6

~Hye Jin's POV~

I lazily entered my four digit passcode for the office, and the little bleep sounded, notifying me that it was correct. I let out a deep sigh and swung the door open, only to see a stack of books and papers on the desk that had been abandoned for so long.

I walked over to the desk, which had 3 piles of books neatly placed to one side; the rest was occupied with office stationery. I looked around me twice to make sure no one was watching, before I quickly snatched a book from a pile. I flicked it open to the front page, which was blank, except for one thing. The name of its owner...

'Park Jimin'.

I dropped the book to the floor in shock, and took a deep breath. The door chimed with the telltale bleep, and I turned my head towards the person standing there- Park Jimin.

"Oh, Dr Choi, you're early," he smiled as if nothing was wrong, before walking towards me.

"H-how, w-why are you h-here?" I struggled to spit out the words, as I watched him walking towards me. Closer, and closer, with each fateful step.

"Don't come near me," I hissed at him, making him stop with confusion.

"What's wrong?" he asked, a concerned looked etched on his face.

"Why are you here?" I asked once again, this time with a confident and assertive voice.

"There were no empty offices, except for this one, so the CEO assigned me here with you," he responded calmly and without hesitation. How is he not scared of me like the others? How is he different?

"Out of all the places in the hospital, he-" I grumble.

"There were no more offices," he cut me off, and continued walking towards me until he was less than a foot away. I could see my reflection in his eyes, and the dimples in his cheeks. He leaned closer, and bent down to pick up the book I dropped before. He smiled at me, and walked around the desk to take a seat at his desk. I stood there, dumbfounded and embarrassed.

I started walking towards my desk, never sparing him a glance, however, I just had to pretend that he wasn't here. Like it normally was. I sat down at my desk chair, and opened a filing cabinet to take out some documents. Placing them neatly next to my computer, I turned it on, hearing it hum to life.

"Oh by the way," I hear Jimin's voice from his desk, "since I'll be working with you from now on-"

"WAIT WHAT?! WORKING WITH ME?" I freaked out, not even letting him finish his sentence.

"Uh yes," Jimin said, not knowing how to react to me, he just continued. "As I was saying, the CEO has instructed me to follow you everywhere, and to take in your job and learn from you."

My blood started boiling- I can't stand the CEO anymore, I swear. It was like he found the sneakiest ways to get under my skin, and made it so that I couldn't say no to him. I calmed myself down; I just had to put up with it and make the best out of the situation. I could still pretend he was invisible...

"Do whatever you want," I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

Ring. Ring.

The telephone rang, and I swiftly picked it up.

"Dr Choi speaking," I answered, getting a pen and paper ready.

"Dr Choi, someone's looking for you," the familiar voice of our receptionist answered. "They want to talk to you as well, do I send them to your office?"

"What's the person's name?" I ask, and at the corner of my eye I could see Jimin laughing. What the heck? Was he laughing at me?

The line was silent for a bit; she was probably asking the person's name.

"Choi Tae Min," she replied, and my eyes bulged out of their sockets.

"WHAT?!" I bursted out. I was so loud, I swear the other rooms on the same floor could hear me. But it's not like they could complain or anything, unless they wanted to deal with me.

"Tell him to stay where he is, I'll be there in a sec," I practically threw the phone back on the receiver and rushed towards the door, swinging it open in haste.

"Wait!" A familiar annoying voice behind me made me stop.

"I have to go with you, remember?" Jimin caught up to me. Aish, whatever. Just pretend he's invisible...

I continued to run, and when I finally reached the elevator, I violently pressed the button to go down.

"What's the rush?" Jimin blurted. I grew slightly annoyed of the boy. It's not like it was any of his business.

"Nothing," I reply simply, looking elsewhere.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, I sprinted towards the front desk and saw that tall figure standing in front of my eyes.

"Seriously, what are you doing here?" I raised my voice, grabbing attention of all the people around us. I looked around at the bystanders, who had stopped what they were doing to watch, and back to Jimin. They all seemed confused. I sighed and grabbed Tae Min by the arm, dragging him violently towards the elevator with Jimin strolling behind us leisurely.

.

.

.

~Jimin's POV~

"Now, tell me why you're here. I told you not to come during work hours," I heard Hye Jin scolding the man sitting comfortably on the chair opposite her.

I looked up at my computer screen to see the guy looking over in my direction. He looked me up and down, and then turned back to Hye Jin.

"Who's he?" he asked, but I ignored it and went on with my work.

"Why does that matter to you?" she asked as she aggressively slammed her hands on the table, grabbing his attention. Did she break up with him? I feel sorry. Poor guy...

"Hey!" the guy called out, making me lift my head up.

"What are you doing here? I don't remember my sister having another worker in here," he added, and I quickly stood up straight. Sh*t, it's her brother?

"My name's Park Jimin, and there wasn't anymore offices left so the CEO placed me here," I explained with my head down low.

"But the rooms up here are for the best of the best. Why are you here?" he insults me, as he stands up.

As he starts walking towards me, I could feel beads of sweat rolling down my forehead. If Dr Choi is scary, then I could only imagine what her brother's like. What did I get myself into? It was only my first day of work.

"Umm, I was a doctor in Australia for 3 years and I just came back because uh-" I stopped myself, attempting to make up an excuse on the spot. What would her brother say if I said I was the son of the CEO? He would think that all my past accomplishments were thanks to my birth father.

"Because he's the son of the CEO, so that makes Jimin one of the best of the best," Dr Choi interfered, with a death glare in her brother's direction.

"Is that right?" her brother smirked at me. "Hye Jin-ah, can you leave us to talk for a bit? You know, man talk?"

That left Dr Choi confused. I knew I was dead meat as soon as she walks out that door.

Please don't leave.

~Author's Note~

HEYAAA, It's been a long time hasn't it? Holidays are over and so that means...school. And what did we learn from school? That it is hell, yep, H-E-L-L.

Anyways, Thank you so much for reading this chapter, hoped you like it as well! I'll try to update asap but no promises 😅