9

~Part 9~

"Doctor! Doctor! Please help! Another patient is acting very weird!" A young girl came running towards me. She wore a pale blue hospital gown, which whipped around her ankles as she sprinted. She was also a patient, probably in the same room as who she was yelling about.

"Slow down," I stop her in front of me with a hand. "You shouldn't be running if you're sick. What room is this patient in?"

"I forgot to look as I was running out, but it's just down the hall on the left of this corridor, the farthest door on the right hand side," the girl was panting. "Please hurry!"

What was wrong? Was the patient dying? Had our medications somehow backfired for this person? Whose fault was this? These deliberations were swirling in my head as I ran alongside Jimin, following the girl's instructions. We skidded around the corner in a panic, billowing my coat up with a gust of air, and beelined for the door. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the young girl following us despite my warning. I rounded the doorframe and scanned the room.

A seemingly normal room; two single beds with white sheets and a blue blanket, a blue curtain divider (open at the moment), two bedside tables, whatever medical supplies the patients might require, and a window at the far wall.

"There!" The little girl reappeared at the door a second later, and pointed to the patient on the ground that I had failed to notice before. He was spasming rhythmically, on the floor space at the end of the two beds.

"Epilepsy," Jimin and I said in unison, focused entirely on how to deal with this patient to notice.

"Doctor Park, clear the room," I commanded, noticing a petrified woman sitting on a chair to the right of me.

"Alright," he nodded, heading over to help the shaking woman stand from the chair and escort her out of the room.

"Make sure to not touch him! Stay at least two metres away!" I added with a louder voice. I surveyed the man on the ground warily, trying to watch that he didn't hit anything. If he did, he might be seriously mentally injured, and I couldn't put that on myself. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Jimin bustling the young patient girl and the person, who I assumed to be her mother, out of the room.

"Sh*t," I cursed, as the man started convulsing on an even larger scale, his head dangerously close to hitting a bed leg. I knew that if he got hit while in this state, there could be critical repercussions. I couldn't let that happen.

Swiftly, I placed myself like a log between the patient and the bed. The man's arms were flailing about, and while I did manage to stop his head from hitting anything (it hit my stomach instead), I felt a stinging pain from my calf.

"Dr Choi, what are you doing there?!" I hear Jimin shout from the door. He displayed a worried expression, as he came running into the room, but skidding to a stop exactly two metres away. it was like... he cares? I looked down at my leg to see a scratch, not too deep, but it did sting.

"He's all good," I let out a sigh of relief as soon as he stopped, not worrying about my own injuries, standing up. Jimin came running forward to help the patient to his feet. The man looked lost, and I didn't think too much of it, as that is one of the symptoms of an epilepsy, after all.

"Ajussi, are you okay?" Jimin asked, as he walked the man back to his hospital bed.

"I'm fine," he nodded, before lying down on the bed after Jimin pulled back the sheets. Jimin tucked the blankets up to the man's chin, as he started to snore softly. The woman and young girl filed back into the room. The woman, still very much shellshocked, took a wobbly seat in her original spot and started fanning herself.