7

~Jimin's POV~

"Make it quick," she snapped, making my eyes dilate in awe.

I wasn't ready for this- I wasn't ready for any of this! I came to work thinking it was going to be a normal day (other than my new office, which I was already told about prior) and then all this happens. Ugh, I just wanted to get out of here!

Did I really make the wrong choice picking Dr Choi?

I was so deep in thought I didn't see nor hear her walk out the door. I looked up to see no sign of Hye Jin, and her brother looking at me from head to toe. I swear he could see straight through to my trembling soul. I was that scared.

"Jimin, right?" he asked, and I felt myself quake at the mention of my name from his mouth.

"Yes," I answered, quickly followed with a polite nod.

"Look, I know you're scared of me because my sister is scary too," he says bluntly. "But trust me, I'm not as scary as she is," he laughed, making the atmosphere a bit lighter. I really appreciated that, feeling the hammering in my heart cease.

"I just wanted to talk to you about some things- please take a seat," he suggested, and I sat down obediently, not wanting to look disrespectful.

"My sister may seem cold and mean on the outside, but she really is a kind hearted and hard working girl. You don't really see it because it rarely happens, I've barely seen it either," I see him smile sadly at the corner of my eyes.

Hard working? Yeah, I can see that. But kind hearted? Never.

"I'm putting her in your hands," he states clearly, like he's already made up his mind. "I know it's only been a few minutes, but I feel like I can trust you. I usually don't trust people this easily, but I know you'll be the perfect man for the job. Look after her, and make sure none of the other male doctors are running after her- it has happened many times and she doesn't like dealing with guys."

He explained it as if each step were crucial, like something would be at stake if I messed up. That made me a bit nervous. Is this like another job? Looking after his sister?

"This also means no dating," he added, making his words very clear and precise, and I could tell this was the most important instruction he felt like he had to teach me. As if I'm going to date her...

"Here's my number, give me a call if something happens to her," he was saying while taking a pen and writing his name and number on a small sticky note he stole from my desk.

"Thank you," I whispered, the words barely escaping my dry mouth.

"I'm relying on you," he reached over the desk and clasped my shoulder tightly, giving it a squeeze before heading to the door.

I watched as he exited, and soon after saw Dr Choi walking down the hallway towards her desk with yet more documents in her hands. I walked towards the water dispenser and filled a cup with cold water. At the corner of my eyes, I could see her sitting on her desk reading through the older documents from before. Where did she get them all from?

"Cold water?" I asked, looking in her direction.

"I don't drink water cold," she answered more frosty than the liquid I felt from the thin plastic cup. She didn't look up at me, focusing on reading the documents.

"Warm water then?" I asked, attempting to be nice. Her brother was right about her being hard working- she at least deserved some water.

"No thank you," she replied, sighing deeply at the end of her comment. I walked to my desk with the singular cup of water in my hand and switched my computer on. I took a sip of it, and then-

Ring. Ring.

The phone startled me, almost making me choke on my water.

"What do I do?" I asked, being as clueless as ever.

"You answer it, what else do you do to a phone?" Hye Jin sarcastically remarked. Rhetorical questions... just like my father.

"H-hello? Dr Park speaking?" I stammered.

"Oh yes, Dr Park," I heard an unfamiliar voice on the other end of the line. "I was wondering if you would like to come eat lunch with me at the cafeteria in say, about 5 minutes?"

Who the hell was this?

"I'm sorry, but who's this?" I asked politely, in a very confused tone.

"Oh I'm sorry; I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Dr Lee," he spoke professionally.

"Dr Lee?" I asked. Does the name ring a bell? I looked up as Dr Choi anxiously walked towards my desk. She snatched the phone away from my ear and slammed it on the receiver, ending the call.

"What was that for?" I asked in confusion.

"Never talk to Dr Lee, never ever. This is for your own safety, and for mine too," she lectured. I sat there dumbfounded. Maybe I should heed her brother's advice and keep an eye out for male doctors...

"Why shouldn't I talk-"

"Can you stop asking dumb questions and go on with your own work?" she raised her voice slightly, but her anger was as present as ever. I could tell it wasn't something she wanted to talk about. I shut my mouth.

.

.

.

Ring. Ring.

I heard her phone ring, and she swiftly picked it up, a pen and paper ready as always.

"I'll be right there," she responded, and hung up. I saw her quickly stand up, and I did too.

"What's the matter?" I called out.

"Emergency. You can stay or follow, just don't cause trouble," she deadpanned, but I could tell my question frustrated her.

I ran behind her, as we rushed for the elevator in a matter of seconds. While waiting, I studied her from behind. I didn't notice that she wore high heels, because I could barely hear them. She was a bit shorter than me, even with heels though, and her hair was worn in a simple bun with a pen placed through it. As soon as the elevator chimed, we entered and went to ground floor.

.

.

.

"Is he going to be coming in as well?" A nurse asked Dr Choi, while looking at me with beady eyes.

"Unfortunately, yes," she responded, while making her way to the staff room nearby.

"Here you are, Dr-" she paused, not knowing my name.

"Dr Park," I smiled, while washing my hands at the sink.

I could see her slightly smiling, and I smiled back. I politely nodded to her before walking into the operating room, but as soon as I stepped in all eyes were on me. Sh*t, I forgot no one knows me...

"This is Dr Park, he'll be following me around for quite a bit," Dr Choi introduced for me. She came out of nowhere, and I almost jumped out of my skin at the sound of her voice.

"Scalpel," she demanded, and one of the doctors passed her the equipment. She held it firmly in her hand, studying it carefully, but then stopped...

"Dr Park, let's see what you can do," she handed me the scalpel.

~Author's Note~

Aww poor Jiminiee. Will he succeed in this operation or will he fail? Find out next time!