Chapter 4 - Invite

Chapter 4

Cassandra's POV

"Morning." I greet him, as I slide into his car and his spearmint scent fills my nostrils.

"Good morning to you too." His dimpled smile just always seems to swoon me away.

"Do you remember where I live?" I ask.

"No, I've never even been there before---" He stops mid sentence, and looks at me with confusion.

"You came the other day? Whatever I'll just give you directions." I shrug it off like no big deal. It doesn't surprise me that he doesn't remember, it's not like I meant anything to him.

"Uhmm-yeah." He stammers, and begins driving the vehicle.

We sit in comfortable silence and exchange small smiles once in awhile. "I love this song." He comments, to the song 'Let her go' by the Passenger as it starts playing on the radio.

"Me too." I grin, as I hum along and I could hear him chuckle. "What?"  I couldn't keep a smile off my lips.

"Nothing, its just that.. I like your voice." He says sheepishly.

"I didn't even sing" I stifle a giggle.

"Hum.. whatever but I bet you sing just as good." He winks, and I roll my eyes at his cheekiness. Is he trying to flirt with me? No, no he wouldn't. As his eyes are fixated on the road ahead of him, I take the chance to stare. My eyes wander around his face, his eyes to his nose then those lips. Oh god those lips, so pink and plump. I move lower onto his face and noticed his strong jaw line, oh my god. No, stop. I shouldn't be thinking about him like this.

"Stop staring." A smirk is heard through his voice, and I couldn't help but let out a light chuckle.

"I wasn't staring.." I fail to lie and he just rolls his eyes at me.

"Sureee." He drags the word, turning his face to me. I look at him with admiration, maybe a bit too much. I could see his curls falling forward on his forehead and I was so tempted to lean forward and push those back to the top of his head. I wanted to run my fingers through his curls, while his lips are wrapped around mine and his tongue is twisting with mine, exploring my--- Oh my god, no stop. What am I doing?!

"Hello?" He questions and cocks a brow.

"Uhm.. what?" I clear my throat, and stare at my folded hands on my lap. I had to get these thoughts out of my head. I don't even know him well enough and I'm having images of him kissing me.

"I was saying your name for about like 5 times! Is this your house?" He stops at the side of the house, and I take a look out the window.

"Uhm.. no, It's a couple houses down. I'll tell you when to stop." I say quietly, embarrassed of the thoughts I had of him, even though he would never know.

"This one." I point to the one in front of us and he pulls over immediately.

"Well, it was nice getting to know you better, Cassandra." He smiles, rolling the 'R' in my name.

"Thanks Harry." I grin, closing the car door and made my way to my house. I looked back and see him still in the car, I wave goodbye before I enter through the door. I finally let out a deep sigh and rested my head against the door.

"How was Emily's?" My mom starts walking down the stairs, and I take a seat on the couch.

"It was good." I simply respond. I take a small peak out the window and see that Harry's car was gone. I was confused with my feelings as to why I was so upset. It's not like he would still be there? That's ridiculous.