Chapter 14 - Secrets

Chapter 14

Cassandra’s POV

“What are you doing here?” He saves me from stumbling back, and entwines our fingers together as he lifts me back onto my feet.

“What are you doing here?” I ask, and he shakes his head.

“I asked you first.” He childly remarks, and I let out a small giggle before answering.

“Well, I’m working out.” I tell him, and he looks at me from up and down, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. I realized I was barely clothed standing in front of him, and slowly crossed my arms across my chest but only earning a small chuckle from him.

“What’s so funny?” I question, and he shakes his head, smiling at me.

“Nothing…” He nods his head towards the door, gesturing for me to follow.

“Now, did you come to work out too?” I ask, and he nods. He brushes the curls from his forehead--- but except they weren’t really curls, I don’t think I should call them that. They were more like waves that just curled up in the end. He pulled it to the back of his head, and tied it into a pony tail. I couldn’t help but let out a laugh.

“What’s so funny?” He mimicked my voice, and I shot him a sour look. He was way off.

“Nothing..” I  mimicked his voice, and I noticed that his mouth twitched as he restrained a smile or smirk, who knows…. Probably a smirk, knowing him.

“So anyways… Who’d you come here with? Obviously when you’re dressed like that, you did not come here alone.” He gestures to my almost half naked body, and I shifted uncomfortably on the balls of my feet.

“Uhmm.. actually, I came here alone. But I saw someone here I knew, so I kinda just hung out with him for a little while.” I notify him.

Him?” He raises a brow.

“Yeah, it’s the same guy that you saw when you picked me up from work, Matt.” I tell him, and I could hear him grunt.

“Oh.. him. Blondie..right, I remember.” He rolls his eyes. “I don’t like him at all.” He spits.

“He has a name, you know? It’s Matt.” I defend him, and he just shrugs.

Great…” I punch him in the shoulder lightly as he uses a sarcastic tone with me.

“Wanna leave now? I’ll drop you home.” He suggests.

“What happened to the whole, ‘I have to stay away from you thing’?” I ask him, and he just smiles cheekily.

“I don’t think I can..” He smiles a smug smile, but I just roll my eyes at him. Oh god, I swear this guy has mood swings, why can’t he always be like this?

“Sure, I’ll take the ride but I have to get my stuff.” I grin, and make my way back to my locker.

“Cassandra!” I hear my name from afar, and I whip my head around to see Matt coming towards me.

“Oh hey. And sorry about this…But I kinda bumped into a friend of mine and he’s offering me a ride home, so I’m going to go now..” I say as nicely as possible, to not offend him.

“Oh alright then.. I’ll see you later?” He scratches the back of his neck, and opens his arm in an awkward position but I step into them anyway.

He rubs my bare back, and I rest the side of my face on the base of his neck as he embraces me.

“I’ll see you another time.” I withdraw myself from the hug, and grab my jacket, slipping it on and went to my locker to get my phone after.