Chapter 27 - Alone

Harry's POV

Silence.

That was what surrounded me right now. It wasn't an eerie kind of silence, but because it was so quiet, it was calming and peaceful. The kind of silence that I enjoyed.

My eyes flutter open, and all I can see is darkness. My throat is dry, and I feel soft fabrics against my skin, and thats when I realized I was on my bed. The blanket that was covering me is now almost falling off the edge of my bed, I felt my fingers shaking nervously.

What is going on with me?

I get up, crawling out of bed, and felt myself beginning to sweat. Its so hot in here, I need air.

I open the door to the balcony, and my hands gripped the edge, as I looked over the ledge. The city lights surrounded me as the sky didn't have a trace of cloud, nor star. It was so black. Everything was black. Only making the lights more intriguing to look at.

I closed my eyes, breathing heavily as yesterday's events played over and over in my head.

Its like I can feel it happening again, I could feel my heart crushing. I could feel it breaking all over again.

And there it was.. The image that popped into my mind repeatedly. Her petite body running away from me, as her long brown hair followed after her. Her arms pumped as she ran, and all I could do was sit there. I didn't even follow her, I didn't even call after her.

All just because I told her the truth.. And this whole time, I thought I could keep it from her. This whole time I thought that since her memory has been erased, it's time for me to start over and have a real relationship with her. I thought that I could really be with her, that nothing would be in the way.

But something was in the way.

Love.

Its always that god damn feeling that messes up everything.

And now, I'm not even sure if she's going to be in my life anymore.

Cassandra's POV

"Hey mom." I greeted her as I came down the stairs, seeing her seated on the couch with a cup of coffee in her hands. I felt like I haven't talked to her in forever.

"Oh, hi sweetie." She smiles. "Breakfast is on the table." She says.

I head over to the kitchen, to see Mike standing in front of the fridge and chugging down the milk jug.

"Mike!" I scowl, and he almost spills milk all over the place.

"What?!" He spits, furrowing his brows at me.

"Please use a cup." I beg, and he just shrugs at me, continuing to drink out of the jug.

"But then I'll have to wash the cup." He says, and leaves the kitchen.

"Lazy asshole." I mutter under my breath as I finish my breakfast.

"I heard that!" He shouts, as I heard his footsteps ascend the stairs.

I stifle a laugh as I finish up my last bit of my breakfast.

"I'm going to go out for awhile, Kay mum?" I ask, swiftly landing a kiss on her cheek, and grabbing my purse.

"Be safe, honey!" I hear her shout, before the door slams.

I took the car keys out of my purse, and decided to take Mike's car for a little spin. Yup, thats right. I stole his car keys.

The engine roared as I started the car, and began making my way to Emily's.

She got out of the hospital a couple weeks ago, and I felt bad, I haven't visited her since.