Chapter 5 - Party

Chapter 5

Cassandra's POV

I pursed my lips, holding the dress up to get a better view of it. Should I wear it? Harry did say it looked good on me... I let out a sigh and slipped on the dress. It rested higher than mid-thigh, to some extent making me uncomfortable. I smoothed it out, staring at my reflection and the image of Harry scanning my body from yesterday pops into mind, making me feel uneasy. I let out a long breath, pulling all my hair to the back of my head. What should I do? Straighten it? Tie it?

I padded across the room and entered the bathroom. Opening my make up bag I quickly applied light makeup, and finally came to agreement with myself that I'd let my hair fall out in curls. I swiftly turned on my curler, and stood there looking at myself, waiting. I brushed through my long, brunette hair that fell over my shoulder, a few inches away from my stomach. I've always wanted long hair that fell down to my hips. The curler was heated within minutes and I leisurely grabbed each strand of hair, curling it.

I finished off getting ready and left the bathroom, picking out a white clutch and filling it with my necessities. I unlocked my phone and saw that it was already 4:50, Harry would be here in about ten minutes, or maybe later if he's the late kind of person. I grabbed my cardigan just in case it gets chilly through the night. I sit on the stairs, waiting for him to arrive. I occupy myself by going through my phone. Shortly, the door bell rings startling me, a smile tugs on my lips as I make my way to the door.

"Ready to go?" He has a smirk across his face. I'm surprised to see him dressed in blue jeans instead of black. He actually looks good in them.

"Uhm yeah" I stammer, trying to keep my eyes connected with his.

"I told you not to wear that dress." His voice is deep, wrapping his muscular arms around my waist, pulling me to his side. "But you look unbelievably hot." I could feel his breath against my neck, causing my breath to be trapped in my throat. He lets out a light chuckle and leads us to his car.

The ride there was quiet, no one said a word and I was glad the ride was just under fifteen minutes.

"I like your jeans." I flash him a sweet smile, finally breaking the silence.

"Thanks." He turns his head, returning the gesture, but the smile soon turned into a smirk. Of course.

After about another five minutes, the car pulls over, and I look out the window to see a people scattered all over the front lawn and every light was open. "Were here." He turns off the engine, and exits the car. Before I could reach the door, it opens and I see Harry holding it open.

"Thanks." I climb out, leaving my cardigan behind and kept the clutch in my hand.

I felt my cheeks heating up as he kept his hand on my lower back, guiding me through the crowd of people. My arm flew behind and I stopped his hand from going any lower, "No."I said sternly, and his arm fell to his side, with a chuckle escaping his lips.

"Stay close to me." He says it like an order.

"Alright, but I'm pretty sure I can handle myself." I notify him, as we enter the house. The house vibrated with me as I stepped in, suddenly someone's hand snaked around my waist, and it was Harry. "God, would you stop being so touchy?" I joke, and he just rolls his orbs at me.

"Hey Harry!" A voice called, and I shifted my gaze, to take a look. It was Clara's boyfriend, Niall. Was Clara here too? I really wanted to see her; after all, it had been such a long time since we've talked.

"Niall!" He calls back, giving each other a pat on the back.

"What are you doing here? And who's this?" He scans my body, I could feel his eyes scorching holes through my dress. He has a girlfriend, what is he doing? Suddenly, Harry towers over my physique, shielding me. He really was being wary. Why?