Chapter 7

Rrriiinnnggggg!!!!

My alarm went off at 7:30am. I groggily pressed the "off" button as I pulled myself up and sat up in bed.

Of late, the nightmares had been getting worse with each passing day. I cupped my face in my palms and let out a sigh.

Just then, my phone buzzed. It was an email from Dr. Cross' clinic.

Dear Ms. Melissa Crawford, thank you for writing to us. We received your email last night regarding an appointment and we would like to help you with that. However, we sadly do not have an opening today. But since you ticked the 'urgent' box in the form, we were able to get you an appointment for tomorrow at 9:00 in the morning. Please do write back to confirm the appointment with us or call at the clinic. Thanking you, Dr. Cross' clinic.

I sighed as I tossed my phone onto the bed.

Last night, before going to bed, I had searched for Dr. Cross' email address on Google and sent him a mail saying I needed an appointment.

I was redirected to their site where I had to fill out a form giving them a rough estimate of the problems I was facing. Then, I was also asked the preferred date for an appointment which would be provided based on an availability.

I clicked on urgent without a second thought. For a minute after that, I was actually surprised at myself.. Surprised at how much my mind was seeking out desperately for some help, any help it could get.

The day went by uneventfully. Or rather, I had become immune to all the jokes that were being tossed my way.

Apparently, the news of my so called "fantastic" meeting with Mrs. Rocks had gotten around and people didn't hesitate to call me a dumbo.

I never really understood how such news ever got out of the principal's office. Do they have recorders hidden in there or something?

I went about school, turning a deaf ear to all the hate comments. I didn't know what everyone had against me.

I didn't know if anything I could do that would change it.

As the last bell rang for the day, I started to make my way towards my locker. I couldn't wait to get out of the school and go lock myself in my room for the rest of the night.

But as I reached my locker, I remembered that I forgot my earphones in the class and abruptly turned around to go fetch them.

Just a I turned I knocked into someone and fell down, my books scattered all over the floor.

Hey! Watch it! I screamed as I tried to get myself off the floor.

The person who knocked me down, lend me a hand to get up.

I took the hand and stood up, looking at who it was...Samuel

Can you not see? And what were you doing creeping up right behind me like that?

I was almost screaming at the top of my voice as a few kids passing by giggled.

Samuel picked my books off the floor and handed them to me.

I could see his cheeks were a bright red.

I snatched my books out of his hands, still waiting for an answer. I'd never spoken to him in that tone. Hell! I had never really spoken to him at all!

Well, ummm, Melissa right? Y..you left your earphones back in the class so...so I thought I'd bring them to you.

He said, as he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out my skull candy earphones.