Chapter 5: Mr. Jerk's Entertainment

Shit.

That was the only word I could comprehend in my head right now.

Natalie stares at me like she has seen a ghost. Josie looks rather amused than shocked.

He was still going through his paperwork, as if he didn't just ask a mere intern under his supervision.

"I don't think that would be necessary, sir. I have Josephine under Ms. Bolton's supervision today. There's no need to fill your trouble." Natalie stated calmly. She merely glances at my direction. The eye contact was merely half a second.But her language overall was Crystal clear. It may as well have been screaming at the top of her lungs. Or written in giant bold letters.

SHUT THE HELL UP.

That I will. No need to worry about that.

"Did I say that it would be trouble, Natalie?" His question comes out mototone, his features seemed hard set, showing of his perfected jawline. His eyes remain centered at his desks sorting through his files, not once looking towards her direction.

"N-no sir, but I just assume-"

"I don't have time for your assumptions. Do as I ask and make sure Ms. Bolton waits inside the car."

"Right away, sir."

Natalie scurried out, Josie quickly tugged on my arm, signaling that we should follow her.

"Okay so change of plans. Apparently the big boss wants to babysit the newbie today. So you are to escort her to the chauffer where she will wait inside the vehicle. advise her on what to say and not to say Mr. Hart . Are we clear?"

"Crystal, Natalie."

"It's Ms. Velbet."

"Oh right, sorry."

"Amateur." She muttered under her breath as she walked away.

Josie turns towards me gesturing me to walk with her. We walk into the elevator. She presses the ground button. The elevator signals a ding! every time a number goes down.

"Is there anything I should learn about what and what not to say to Mr. Hart? " I ask.

"Normally I would explain some ground breaking procedure of the dos and don't s."

Do you mind going into detail with these procedures?"

"I'd rather not."

"Why not?"

"You don't seem like you need them."

"How will I know that if you refuse to explain further of these procedures."

"You're very stubborn character."

"I prefer the word persistent, since my entire academic area and career is based on  upon that."

"What about outside of your academic career?"

"I don't follow."

"Do you even have a social life?"

" Of course I have one. " I lie fluently.

"Of course you don't."She stares straight ahead as the elevator door opens up,showing the main lobby. Josie loops her arm through mine and leads me out through the exit doors into directly towards a black vehicle. It's windows were tinted dark. It was barely visible to look inside.

"Mr. Hart usually sits on the left side of the vehicle so I suggest you sit on the right. Don't make eye contact with him when he's flustered, angry or making phone calls. Do not attempt to start up a conversation. Its rather rare to see him attempt one, but if he does, keep it brief and business like. "