Chapter 11: Jealousy Turns to Lust

Shut the door and take a seat, Ms. Bolton." He demanded. I shut the door quietly before seating myself opposite chair from him. I looked on his desk the physical photocopies of Blake and I kissing at the club. My hair was flowing through Blakes' fingers when he pressed his lips to mine. I fiddled with my fingers nervously as I stared back up to view him. His perfect stature appeared calm, his suite was a corduroy color. His usual golden hair had been cut short, both sides shaved with the rest of his locks resting on his top head. His perfect jaw was now tight set, revealing that the inside was raging, making me cower away in fear. 

Mr. Hart took his seat rightfully on his chair, looking straight at me with his dark brown eyes appearing darker to coal black as he glared at me. He took the pictures resting on his desk in his hands, before turning them around so they could face my direction.

"Care to explain?" He questioned, his eyes not leaving mine. I gulped before pressing my lips together to keep them from quivering.

This would be the perfect time to crawl into a hole and die. 

_____________________________________________

Now seemed like the perfect time to head back to California and leave the obsursity of New York. No words could even form out the unbelief embarrassment I felt at this very moment. Everything I worked so hard for. Becoming an intern at one of the most infamous firms of the decade.I knew I shouldn't have went to that club with Eva.

My current state was currently silent, mouth gaped open like a fish struggling to breath in the surface of land.

"Charlotte." Mr.Hart said, using my name as if it were a child he was dealing with.

"I-I'm not sure I understand your question, sir." I looked down for a moment, holding my breath and counting down from 20.

"Why were you with Mr. Anderson?" His question came off as a demand.

"It was a coincidence, sir."

Henry chuckled before standing up from his seat towards my direction, walking forwards slowly.

"This does not look like a coincidence at all." He hissed.

" I'm sorry if this offended you si-

"You can never fraternize with the competitors. I thought you out of all people would most likely have understood that."

Anger had overwhelmed my entire body like adrenaline. How could he disrespect me like that? I had enough as it was. I'm not owing anyone, especially him.

"I thought you, sir, out of all people would understand the breach of confidentiality among staff and employers, but it's obvious that you do not respect that," I said angerly, my lip was quivering while my teeth became chattery. I'm usually not one for arguing with or having conflict Among an individual. I wanted to leave this room. The awkwardness of the situation. The tension. Everything in it.

"I'd choose my words very carefully, Ms. Bolton." He stated darkly.

"I've only spoken nothing farther from the truth. My relationship with Mr. Anderson is no one's concern, if you only asked me here, for this reason, I must leave." I stated before heading towards the door.

"Charlotte?" I turned back to view him back to his desk seated, twisting his Rolex sideways.

"Yes, sir?"

"I don't want to see you with him again or else you'll be excluded from your internship. So I suggest you have your priorities straight for your own sake." He confirmed, arching his brow in victory.