Chapter 12: Overcomplicated Emotions & Confessions

Yes, Sir!" She said, her voice quaked from nervousness. I pressed the ground button then the closed button as well. I pulled out my phone to see over 20 missed calls and 40 text messages all from Bianca. I clear my messages and sigh inwardly. I'll deal with her later. The elevator opens followed by a ding! I rush towards the exit door, ignoring the greetings of associates walking past me. I approach my Bugatti Veyron. Its a limited addition custom made in black by Masory Vivere. The car door opens automatically. I get in the driver's seat, igniting the ignition. I feel my pocket vibrate so I pull out my phone to read a message from Natalie.

Charlotte Bolton's Address:
228 Park Ave S, New York, NY .

Perfect timing.
_____________________________________________

Charlotte's P.O.V.

Different sets of emotions were felt all at once. This man humiliated my entire being. Demanded that I never see a man I barely knew again. From pure rage, all that was left was bitterness. I realize his intention was trying to control me. My every action and move. That only collected proof with the evidence of pictures of Blake and I kissing at the club. 

Henry Hart had no respect for me or the humiliation it brought upon me. Reminiscing the dominant look in his eyes and the smug look on his esthetically pleasing face only made me angrier. Who was he to tell me who I am not allowed to be seen with? It was absolutely none of his business.  He had no right to question my professionalism in his firm when it had nothing to do with jeopardizing it. 

My thoughts settled in a neutral wave as I reached Eva's home."Keep the change." I said to the driver.

I open the door, slamming it swiftly as I walk toward the front door of Eva's tiny home. I pull the spare key out from my jacket to unlock the door. Once inside, I step out of my heels and replace them with slippers. After hanging up my jacket, I head to the kitchen to grab an apple in the fridge. I take a huge bite of the apple to ease my stomach from rumbling in hunger. 

"There you are." I jumped at the sound of Eva's voice , causing my apple to drop out of the effect of my shock.

"You scared me!" I exclaimed. I groan as I look down at the apple. It was infected with a million bacterial infections now. I pick up the half bitten apple and toss it into the small plastic trash can. So much for my snack.   

"Opps." She said nonchalantly before dropping down three baby blue boxes on the table.

" What is that?" I ask as I try to peek inside by lifting it's lid.

"Deluctable and breadtastic pastries, baby." She sang out, glancing at me with her eyes gleaming with excitement.

"What kind of pastries?" I asked her, curious to see what was inside to contain my hunger.

"All your favourites, including bagels." She smiled, her dimples display on her face.

My mouth began to water at the smell of crisp whole grain bagels. My mother used to bake variations of bread because she did not believe in purchasing the gruesome processed foods in our economy. She has a greenroom entirely dedicated to growing a garden of vegetables and fruits. In the morning, the bagels were light brown and crisp . Mother would add two layers of cream cheese in each side then add a slice of tomato in the middle. The taste was devine. I never stopped eating it every single morning day until I moved to New York.

"Is there cream cheese?" I asked  rummaging through the fridge.

"Yeah it's in the bottom left drawer. "Eva said before chewing a mouthful of one of the bagels.

I recognize the cream cheese before hastily grabbing it along with the tomato before closing the fridge shut. I grab a cutting board before laying the tomato on the surface. I slice a thin layer of tomato and place it down while applying two layers of cream cheese on each cut side of the bagel. I place the thin layer of tomato in between the bagel before taking a large bite of my sandwich.